• Welcome! SanctionedSuicide is a forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

How emotional are you?

• Total voters
S

Schopenhauer

Enlightened
Oct 3, 2018
My emotions are rather dull. I don’t know how they compared to regular people’s, though.

For a very long time I even doubted whether I was capable of feeling love (instead of just mouthing the words). Eventually I found out that I am capable of loving, but it doesn’t come easily. I guess I’m just too self-centered.

Temporarilyabsurd

Temporarilyabsurd

NOISE:signal
Apr 27, 2018
It was a breakthrough for me to even begin to understand 'emotional management'

I've been so strung out or depressed all my life , I didn't even comprehend emotions as something that could be managed.

I was superstitious about messing with something that even though it hurt , it was authentic.

My precious madness. ?

Have been way more 'chill' lately , but thats with less external stress.
- real world turbulence will test my 'calmness' ....

( me being calm ? did I even write that ? it;s all fake I tell you !! )

Last edited:
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Super duper enlightened
Sep 9, 2018
I'm sensitive and pretty high strung, so I guess I'm emotional. I can put on a good show though, and can also go for long periods being pretty stable and down to earth. I seem to swing between coming off as a mature man in his thirties and a child stuck in a man's body.

Duqu

Duqu

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
Aug 27, 2018
I only cry when I see other people cry, or am on the brink of breaking myself.

But other than that, I'm incredibly sensitive to other peoples' emotions, even in movies/tv shows, and more oblivious to my own if that makes sense?

My therapist is always asking how certain things make me feel and I can only shrug and say "I really don't know."

V

Virgo

Arcanist
Oct 3, 2018
Depends on your definition of emotional
Feeling emotions.

I cry in movies, though. First time I ever cried in a movie was at Spock’s death in Star Trek II.
I've felt sad a couple times because of movie/tv deaths. Never felt sad about anything else.

My emotions are rather dull. I don’t know how they compared to regular people’s, though.

For a very long time I even doubted whether I was capable of feeling love (instead of just mouthing the words). Eventually I found out that I am capable of loving, but it doesn’t come easily. I guess I’m just too self-centered.
I can tell that other people are more emotional than me based on how they talk, act, and react.

Last edited: