• Welcome to SanctionedSuicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

S

seamus

I had to transfer out of my own area to a larger hospital and now having to deal with very abrupt and rude nurses Have to say over the years my experiences with these 'angels' has been far from good many are just uncaring nasty control freaks their attitude is further confirmation to me why I'm leaving this Planet

W

Werewolf.

Student
They are definitely not good people. They just chose that profession so they could feel better about themselves. They are self-centered people so don't think just because they are a nurse that they are a good person. However I would advise you not to leave this planet as you put it just because of those awful people.

Leorio Paradinight

Leorio Paradinight

Yeah, I can definitely relate. Out of all of my hospital stays, every nurse I had wasn't very pleasant except maybe one, which was pretty sweet. They often do the bare minimum that's required from them and ignore everything else, god forbid something happens to you and you need their help, they're gonna show you how displeased they are.

That's medical workers for you in a nutshell, of course there are exceptions (like the nurse I mentioned) but a big chunk of them are narcissists thinking they were sent on Earth by god to do miracles. It was just yesterday I literally heard "Yeah, for all the illnesses I've helped people with, I shouldn't be getting them myself, but it doesn't work like that" from my doctor. Made me puke in my mouth a bit, but I didn't comment on it. I don't know if it's the society constantly calling them heroes without capes or something, but definitely a large majority of them are so full of themselves. It's sad, because they should really be the most empathetic people out there with all of the suffering they see on a daily basis. Doctors and nurses that truly care about your well-being are really a gem though and they do exist, though they are rare.

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Enlightened
Man, I f'ing hate nurses as a whole. Always snippy, snide, and an immense collective ego that has only grown in size what with covid and everyone kissing their asses just for doing their job. Literally constantly cranky. Like you knew you were going to get 12 hour shifts, if you don't like that you should've been a college professor or something.

Last edited:
T

toforigivelife

Experienced
Werewolf. said:
They are definitely not good people. They just chose that profession so they could feel better about themselves. They are self-centered people so don't think just because they are a nurse that they are a good person. However I would advise you not to leave this planet as you put it just because of those awful people.
I think of them as Community College Scholars.

Too many of them thought to themselves, "All I have to do is take two years at a junior college and then I'll be making tons of money!"

I'm not impressed with a lot of these "front line heroes" (they don't do what they do for free, they're not working for minimum wage), too many times there's not a lot of care in those who work in the "care profession".

I'm not allowed to have marijuana in my system if I want to work at certain local retail establishments nor am I allowed to smoke if I want a low-paying, draining, crappy office job but they can sneak into the hospital medicine cabinet if they're so inclined.

My sister-in-law has been a nurse for years and is the family breadwinner based on her salary. Her reality would change a great deal if the medical establishment started testing her for alcohol abuse, nicotine and illegally purchased opiates and other illegally purchased medicines that were not prescribed for her.

A high-risk labor delivery nurse who drank and smoked throughout all three of her pregnancies, a drunk addicted hospice nurse whose allowed into people's homes on a regular basis.

Go figure.

stevienix

stevienix

I'm a woman not a "dude".
seamus said:
I had to transfer out of my own area to a larger hospital and now having to deal with very abrupt and rude nurses Have to say over the years my experiences with these 'angels' has been far from good many are just uncaring nasty control freaks their attitude is further confirmation to me why I'm leaving this Planet
Most of them were awful to my sister when she was in hospital for two months getting cancer treatment She fell and they left her on the floor for 30 mins. I brought a blanket for her to the reception as they weren't letting visitors in at that point in time. They threw it on a chair next to her bed. Only when I spoke to them did they treat her marginally better.
Two days before she died she overheard a nurse say she "didn't need hospital transport she could walk herself". She was bedridden with cancer in her spine and ribs. She couldn't walk.
She was eventually discharged as the chemo was working. She didn't die of cancer though. But a week before she died she became iller due to something else that happened. We begged her to go back into hospital and she refused to go because of the way she was treated. I despise that hospital.

Last edited:
S

seamus

Werewolf. said:
believe me it's not just because of heartless Nurses that I'm leaving I've 100 different reasons

OnlyTheWind

OnlyTheWind

Serena / Meatball head
Oh those brave frontline workers! If it's human, it's always going to be disappointing one way or another. Humans: pinacle of evolution, my paw!

Last edited:
pakki

pakki

The few times I've had to go to a hospital, the nurses have always been very nice. On the other hand, nurses dealing with mental healthcare have always been dismissive and belittling, almost feels like they think we're making these things up.

F

Fish Face

Give thanks for the care workers, never the nurses, who get a good salary for what they do and if you are talking about mental care work are usually nasty, bullying, abusive and just downright thick.

Reactions: stevienix
G

goldenvirginia

Just because you choose nursing as a profession, it doesn’t immediately qualify you as a nice person. There are good people and they’re are shit people in every walk of life.

Reactions: Fish Face