• Welcome to SanctionedSuicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

C

C8THEGR8

Drunk and Disordered
Hello! This is my first time participating here, but I've been reading through a lot while I waited for my account to be approved. First let me say this is just questions about why I failed in this method a decade ago (as a young teen), and I have no intention on trying this method again. It's simply out of curiosity.

I tried to overdose on paracetamol when I was a teen, I had read about how it actually kills you but I thought the days/weeks of suffering would be worth it to have a guaranteed death in the end. I weighed approximately 55kg, I took approximately 60 X 500mg tablets, so 30g.

I had read online the fatal dose for adults was 10g, a packet is 12g, so I bought two packets plus what we had in the house and figured it would be enough. I took them after my father went to sleep, kept them all down, went to bed. Next day I was feeling ill, had a headache and an upset stomach, but still no vomiting/diarrhoea. So they stayed down. I expected to start getting symptoms of liver failure within days but didn't tell anyone/try to change it, but instead I was just fine and no one has ever known I did that.

My questions are:
-any one have a clue why nothing happened?
-is my math wrong? I've always sucked at math and that's what I assumed for years but I'm not sure
-is it normal to not panic after you take something you believe will kill you? Or even the next day?
-if my liver somehow just dealt with it, could I have permanently damaged it? Or in the years after would it have fixed itself with no help?

Thanks in advanced!

E

ErzsebetBATHORY

BLOOD COUNTESS. ashes ashes, we all fall down
C8THEGR8 said:
Hello! This is my first time participating here, but I've been reading through a lot while I waited for my account to be approved. First let me say this is just questions about why I failed in this method a decade ago (as a young teen), and I have no intention on trying this method again. It's simply out of curiosity.

I tried to overdose on paracetamol when I was a teen, I had read about how it actually kills you but I thought the days/weeks of suffering would be worth it to have a guaranteed death in the end. I weighed approximately 55kg, I took approximately 60 X 500mg tablets, so 30g.

I had read online the fatal dose for adults was 10g, a packet is 12g, so I bought two packets plus what we had in the house and figured it would be enough. I took them after my father went to sleep, kept them all down, went to bed. Next day I was feeling ill, had a headache and an upset stomach, but still no vomiting/diarrhoea. So they stayed down. I expected to start getting symptoms of liver failure within days but didn't tell anyone/try to change it, but instead I was just fine and no one has ever known I did that.

My questions are:
-any one have a clue why nothing happened?
-is my math wrong? I've always sucked at math and that's what I assumed for years but I'm not sure
-is it normal to not panic after you take something you believe will kill you? Or even the next day?
-if my liver somehow just dealt with it, could I have permanently damaged it? Or in the years after would it have fixed itself with no help?

Thanks in advanced!
dont quote me on this but i think that its prolonged overdoses of it that kills you. i doubt its a very lethal method by nature.

Attachments

• goodtimes.jpg
    goodtimes.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 4
Upvote 1
C

C8THEGR8

Drunk and Disordered
ErzsebetBATHORY said:
dont quote me on this but i think that its prolonged overdoses of it that kills you. i doubt its a very lethal method by nature.
That would make sense. I've read coroner's reports and studies online where people have died from as little as 7.5g, but it was spread over a day or two.

Upvote 0
C

C8THEGR8

Drunk and Disordered
hotelbeneathground said:
It's a bad method & a slow, agonizing death. If you end up in the hospital, they'll save you, but your liver will be damaged
Thanks, but as I mentioned in the post, I tried this a decade ago and have no intention on trying this way again. I was just trying to figure out why it didn't work. I'm an adult now with more resources, if I choose to die I'll likely try find SN. But I appreciate you trying to warn people away from unnecessary pain

Upvote 0
WornOutLife

WornOutLife

マット
C8THEGR8 said:
Thanks, but as I mentioned in the post, I tried this a decade ago and have no intention on trying this way again. I was just trying to figure out why it didn't work. I'm an adult now with more resources, if I choose to die I'll likely try find SN. But I appreciate you trying to warn people away from unnecessary pain

I'm glad to know you know this method is a bad idea.
I wish we were not suffering on this goddamn blue rock.

Hope you have a nice or at least decent weekend!

Hugs and love,

Matt

• Love
Reactions: C8THEGR8
Upvote 1
hahabye

hahabye

always say never
I can't answer all of your questions, buut I can say your math is right.

And I had a similar experience regarding the lack of panic. One of my attempts as a teen - sleeping pills and drowning in a tub - I remember being absolutely calm doing that (I was certain that it would work). And even after I failed the attempt (I didn't even fall asleep, the pills were homeopathic), I just casually went to bed and then to school the other morning.

Didn't shed a single tear during the entire process. The most panicked I felt was actually when I was acquiring the pills - was pretty sure they're going to suspect something at the pharmacy. :))

Upvote 1
C

Ch92921

The call of the void
Once tried didnt work. was kind of drunk and next morning I had headache.

How ironic, an overdose of painkiller creates headache

Last edited:
Reactions: Anonymous_A
Upvote 1
C

C8THEGR8

Drunk and Disordered
WornOutLife said:
I'm glad to know you know this method is a bad idea.
I wish we were not suffering on this goddamn blue rock.

Hope you have a nice or at least decent weekend!

Hugs and love,

Matt
Thank you! I've seen you comment on a few posts, I think it's lovely that you're always so supportive and cheerful :)

• Love
Reactions: WornOutLife
Upvote 0