• Welcome! SanctionedSuicide is a forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

What's your favourite season?

• Spring

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • Summer

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Fall/Autumn

Votes: 23 46.9%
  • Winter

Votes: 16 32.7%

• Total voters
Maravillosa

Maravillosa

Mistress of all she surveys
Sep 7, 2018
It's Fall/Autumn for me :smiling:
First of all, I was born on the first day of autumn in the Northern Hemisphere (September 23).
Second, once fall weather really starts in Southern California (in November), the air is crisp and the sky is bright. Life looks less dingy in the fall.

Desperate_Soul

Desperate_Soul

I'll See You Guys On The Other Side Of The Rainbow
Aug 26, 2018
Do you guys feel more suicidal/depressed in a certain season more than other seasons?

Seems like not a lot of people like spring and summer! I wonder if there's any statistics out there for suicides during each season.

NOISYMIND

NOISYMIND

Everyday I wake up I wanna die again.
Sep 11, 2018
Do you guys feel more suicidal/depressed in a certain season more than other seasons?

Seems like not a lot of people like spring and summer! I wonder if there's any statistics out there for suicides during each season.

There’s some information about seasonal effects on suicide rates on Wikipedia. It’s quite interesting to read.

DarkTear

DarkTear

Aug 1, 2018
Good question... I would bet that the suicide rate is going up around christmas.
Just did a quick search, was proven wrong: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasonal_effects_on_suicide_rates
"Research on seasonal effects on suicide rates suggests that the prevalence of suicide is greatest during the late spring and early summer months, despite the common belief that suicide rates peak during the cold and dark months of the winter season."

Desperate_Soul

Desperate_Soul

Aug 26, 2018
Good question... I would bet that the suicide rate is going up around christmas.
Just did a quick search, was proven wrong: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasonal_effects_on_suicide_rates
"Research on seasonal effects on suicide rates suggests that the prevalence of suicide is greatest during the late spring and early summer months, despite the common belief that suicide rates peak during the cold and dark months of the winter season."

Wow! This makes so much sense now! The poll reflects that research! Pretty interesting, indeed.

Cold

Cold

Earthbound
Aug 27, 2018
I like the gloom of autumn and I like the light of spring. I dislike summer and I dislike winter. One is too bright and too warm the other is too dark and too cold. Six months of spring and six months of autumn would be good.

Desperate_Soul

Desperate_Soul

Aug 26, 2018
I like the gloom of autumn and I like the light of spring. I dislike summer and I dislike winter. One is too bright and too warm the other is too dark and too cold. Six months of spring and six months of autumn would be good.

Reading that reminds me of Goldilocks and the three bears! :P

"This porridge is too hot! This porridge is too cold! Ahhhh, this porridge is juuuust right!"

Cold

Cold

Earthbound
Aug 27, 2018
Reading that reminds me of Goldilocks and the three bears! :P

"This porridge is too hot! This porridge is too cold! Ahhhh, this porridge is juuuust right!"
Haha I am the Goldilocks of life except life is never just right. There is always too much or to little of something. Oh well.

Reactions: Angel Goddess