blueclover_.

blueclover_.

Better Never to Have Been: 2006, David Benatar
Oct 11, 2021
I was born into a heavily religious muslim family in a muslim-dominated country, in fact i could be killed right now if they know i'm a murtad (a person who left islam). Beautiful life :)

Last edited:
justsayin

justsayin

Jan 30, 2021
I was born into a heavily religious muslim family in a muslim-dominated country, in fact i could be killed right now if they know i'm a murtad (a person who left islam). Beautiful life :)

I've noticed your "discussion" with jihad-loving forum memeber, in the other thread. I guess it made you feel like at home, and not in a good way.

R

RazzleDazzle

The void stares back.
Sep 16, 2021
The line between Mormonism & moronism is razor-thin... Book of Mor(m)on, angel Moron(i) - real subtle clues! :pfff:

Raised Mormon. Can confirm. The real mindfuck is when you're raised in that shit and everyone around you is acting like it makes perfect sense. Especially when the Book of Mormon is claiming to be a detailed account of the indigenous American peoples. I mean, come *on* people, literally none of that shit tracks up with *anything* that is known about Native American tribes *or* indigenous Central or South American cultures. Literally nothing. It's not like the Bible where you can at least point to physical locations that there's archeological evidence for or historical events that are referenced that at least sort of match up with the general historical record.

And the Mormon church works hard to keep people from learning about, uh, how stupid it is. From the ages of 12-17 I was taken, every year, into a room alone with a man who was a leader in the congregation who asked all kinds of questions about my "personal worthiness," including things related to sex and sexual activity - nothing creepy there. And one of the many questions was about reading "apostate" or anti-Mormon literature or talking to apostates. I always got pressed kinda hard on that one, although this was when the internet was in its infancy so I have no idea where he thought that I would be getting it from. I guess I gave off apostate vibes.

Zzzzz

Zzzzz

The cake is a lie.
Aug 8, 2018
Raised Mormon. Can confirm. The real mindfuck is when you're raised in that shit and everyone around you is acting like it makes perfect sense. Especially when the Book of Mormon is claiming to be a detailed account of the indigenous American peoples. I mean, come *on* people, literally none of that shit tracks up with *anything* that is known about Native American tribes *or* indigenous Central or South American cultures. Literally nothing. It's not like the Bible where you can at least point to physical locations that there's archeological evidence for or historical events that are referenced that at least sort of match up with the general historical record.

And the Mormon church works hard to keep people from learning about, uh, how stupid it is. From the ages of 12-17 I was taken, every year, into a room alone with a man who was a leader in the congregation who asked all kinds of questions about my "personal worthiness," including things related to sex and sexual activity - nothing creepy there. And one of the many questions was about reading "apostate" or anti-Mormon literature or talking to apostates. I always got pressed kinda hard on that one, although this was when the internet was in its infancy so I have no idea where he thought that I would be getting it from. I guess I gave off apostate vibes.

It is a big mind F when everyone around you believes it. Not just the archeology that doesn't add up, but so many other things. There is something inherently harmful about basing morality off of unverified and often disproven beliefs.