• Welcome to SanctionedSuicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

  • If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
L

luten

work, love, and learn
Joined
Feb 25, 2021
Messages
415
so what did you do today to make yourself feel better?

What did you eat today?
Did you workout?
Showered?
Did you go outside today?
Did you put on fresh clothes?

Do you need a haircut?


:heart:

Cleaning yourself is not only about hygiene, is establishes a mind body connection, it registers as "you taking care of yourself". Don't rush it, moisturizing also extents this experience. You can even massage your own hands, feet, and legs. Enjoy the experience of taking care of yourself. Same with eating, if you eat healthy, you taking care of your body, you not just eating.

I usually put on some relaxing music , burn incense in the bathroom, it sound like a lot of time that is going into it, but in reality, no more than 15 minutes in the morning and at night.


Make sure you see the Sun, Moon, and the Stars everyday. They make us feel human, and reminds us of the bigger picture.


A Quick self-care lesson from the wolves;

 
Last edited:
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Average SN enjoyer
Joined
Jan 26, 2021
Messages
4,480
Thanks for the opportunity to talk about myself once again.
luten said:
so what did you do today to make yourself feel better?

What did you eat today?
Did you workout?
Showered?
Did you go outside today?
Did you put on fresh clothes?

Do you need a haircut?


:heart:

Make sure you see the Sun, Moon, and Stars everyday.
I can not feel better due to anhedonia and being "built different".

I ate oatmeal, eggs and bacon, protein shake, multivitamin, pistachios, some milk and some coffee. Going to eat a relatively healthy dinner, vegetables, another protein shake, take a second vitamin pill, then drink beer and eat peanuts.

I deadlifted today.

I showered and laid in the tub afterwards for one or two hours, no idea why I do this.

I went outside to get to the gym and to buy groceries including alcoholic beverages.

I wore fresh clothes, yes.

I don't need a haircut since it would serve literally no purpose, but I have not had one in a very long time (3-9 months or something).

I never see stars, sometimes The Moon.
 
Last edited:
L

luten

work, love, and learn
Joined
Feb 25, 2021
Messages
415
WhiteDespair said:
I do need a haircut. I've been lazy and haven't done it myself.

GenesAndEnvironment said:
Thanks for the opportunity to talk about myself once again.

I can not feel better due to anhedonia and being "built different".

I ate oatmeal, eggs and bacon, protein shake, multivitamin, pistachios, some milk and some coffee. Going to eat a relatively healthy dinner, vegetables, another protein shake, then drink beer and eat peanuts.

I deadlifted today.

I showered and laid in the tub afterwards for one or two hours, no idea why I do this.

I went outside to get to the gym and to buy groceries including alcoholic beverages.

I wore fresh clothes, yes.

I don't need a haircut since it would serve literally no purpose, but I have not had one in a very long time (3-9 months or something).

I never see stars, sometimes The Moon.
thank you for sharing, looks good !
 
  • Love
Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment
Carrotcake

Carrotcake

Experienced
Joined
Nov 27, 2019
Messages
271
I ate some cereal for breakfast and a grilled cheese for lunch. Going to eat roasted chicken and vegetables for dinner.

I did shower today (woohoo) and put on a fresh pyjama. I’m nog going outside and I haven’t worked out.

I definitely need a haircut, it’s been like, a year? But I keep postponing because 1) haircuts for curly hair are damn expensive and 2) staring at myself in the mirror for 2 hours will be absolutely miserable.
 
Rustysoupcan

Rustysoupcan

I'm sensitive
Joined
May 2, 2020
Messages
184
I've put on fresh clothes and ate 3 bowls of cereal so far. I'm not going to shower today and I dont exercise. I brushed my teeth and flossed though, and put on a little bit of makeup.
 
L

luten

work, love, and learn
Joined
Feb 25, 2021
Messages
415
Rustysoupcan said:
I've put on fresh clothes and ate 3 bowls of cereal so far. I'm not going to shower today and I dont exercise. I brushed my teeth and flossed though, and put on a little bit of makeup.
UPDATE: cleaning yourself is not only about hygiene, is establishes a mind body connection, it registers as "you taking care of yourself". Don't rush it, moisturizing also extents this experience. You can even massage your own hands, feet, and legs. Enjoy the experience of taking care of yourself. Same with eating, if you eat healthy, you taking care of your body, you not just eating.
 
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Joined
Sep 13, 2020
Messages
2,565
Cup of tea, out to buy food for the day, ice cream and carrots for breakfast before some diy (sawing up some chipboard to fit the holes I made in the floorboards a few weeks ago), ham sandwich for late lunch with more tea, now the usual lazing and games before another ham sandwich and a bottle of beer for tea, probably watch a dvd, then bed when I can no longer keep my eyes open.

Slept in my clothes, not showered in two days - I deem myself not smelly enough yet.
 
  • Like
Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment
L

luten

work, love, and learn
Joined
Feb 25, 2021
Messages
415
signifying nothing said:
Cup of tea, out to buy food for the day, ice cream and carrots for breakfast before some diy (sawing up some chipboard to fit the holes I made in the floorboards a few weeks ago), ham sandwich for late lunch with more tea, now the usual lazing and games before another ham sandwich and a bottle of beer for tea, probably watch a dvd, then bed when I can no longer keep my eyes open.

Slept in my clothes, not showered in two days - I deem myself not smelly enough yet.
i had to read "icecream and carrots for breakfast" threetimes, just to make sure that i am reading correctly. thank you for sharing
 
  • Hugs
Reactions: signifying nothing
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Joined
Nov 30, 2020
Messages
2,072
Those wolves are demonstrating actual happiness. Anyway:

I ate some yogurt.
I never workout
I didn't shower
Yes, went to Morrisons
Changed my boxers
I give myself a number 1 head shave every couple of weeks.
 
  • Like
Reactions: luten
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Joined
Feb 10, 2020
Messages
15,420
I just woke up and haven’t even gotten out of bed to do any of those things.

I did get a haircut about a month ago though. I got what I like to call the “Fuck you I don’t want to get a haircut again soon” Haircut. So basically I got it cut really short so I can wait a long time before I have to go back. My hair is still really short right now.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mentalmick
W

WornOutLife

マット
Joined
Mar 22, 2020
Messages
7,338
luten said:
What did you eat today?
Did you workout?
Showered?
Did you go outside today?
Did you put on fresh clothes?

I ate a yummy cheeseburger.
I worked out a bit, just a walk and a bit of running.
Yes, I take a great hot shower.
Yes, I went outside for 2 hours.
Yes, fresh clothes, especially a new boxer which I love.
 
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Joined
Nov 30, 2020
Messages
2,072
Dr Iron Arc said:
I just woke up and haven’t even gotten out of bed to do any of those things.

I did get a haircut about a month ago though. I got what I like to call the “Fuck you I don’t want to get a haircut again soon” Haircut. So basically I got it cut really short so I can wait a long time before I have to go back. My hair is still really short right now.
That's what I do to mine I just shave the bugger, this is my bald skullcap:
IMG_20210407_094655281.jpg
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Joined
Feb 10, 2020
Messages
15,420
Mentalmick said:
That's what I do to mine I just shave the bugger, this is my bald skullcap:
View attachment 65770
I definitely couldn’t pull off bald or near-bald so hats off to ya!

Seeing as I’m about to go to sleep soon I might as well answer the other actual questions now:
luten said:
What did you eat today?
Did you workout?
Showered?
Did you go outside today?
Did you put on fresh clothes?
-I had a Chipotle burrito for lunch, then spaghetti and steak for dinner. Along the way I also ate a lot of chips and ice cream oh and I drank an orange soda.
-No. Unless you count getting out of bed in the first place or going up and down the stairs. That’s all the workout I can handle.
-Yes. I shower every day.
-Yes, but only for a brief moment because the damn Chipotle delivery driver got the wrong address and couldn’t find my house.
-I always do, except my shorts which I keep for wearing inside the house.
 
LunarPyotr

LunarPyotr

Похорони меня возле МКАДа
Joined
Jul 4, 2020
Messages
400
what did you do today to make yourself feel better?
I rented an Boss Hoss v8 motorcycle and drove it for around 100km because I don't have anything else to do..

What did you eat today?
some ramen

Did you workout?
Due to physical limitations, I can't do any. But I guess trying to keep a 2140lbs/975kg motorcycle straight while standing is kinda a workout..

Showered?
I'm washing myself with a rag like every 2 days because my wounds on the leg from the surgery didn't heal yet..

Did you go outside today?
sure.
Did you put on fresh clothes?
maybe..
My shirts is still from a couple days ago because I only wear it once when I went out for shopping.

Do you need a haircut?
Nah, I enjoy my long hair. But if I would grow an beard, then I would probably look like a homeless person or an hipster : P
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mentalmick
L

luten

work, love, and learn
Joined
Feb 25, 2021
Messages
415
LunarPyotr said:
what did you do today to make yourself feel better?
I rented an Boss Hoss v8 motorcycle and drove it for around 100km because I don't have anything else to do..

What did you eat today?
some ramen

Did you workout?
Due to physical limitations, I can't do any. But I guess trying to keep a 2140lbs/975kg motorcycle straight while standing is kinda a workout..

Showered?
I'm washing myself with a rag like every 2 days because my wounds on the leg from the surgery didn't heal yet..

Did you go outside today?
sure.
Did you put on fresh clothes?
maybe..
My shirts is still from a couple days ago because I only wear it once when I went out for shopping.

Do you need a haircut?
Nah, I enjoy my long hair. But if I would grow an beard, then I would probably look like a homeless person or an hipster : P
thank you for sharing, what happend to your leg?
 
LunarPyotr

LunarPyotr

Похорони меня возле МКАДа
Joined
Jul 4, 2020
Messages
400
luten said:
thank you for sharing, what happend to your leg?
Back in 2019 I tried to kill myself on my motorcycle but somehow I survived and only broke my leg. The second operation was in 2020, and the last one was a couple on 19 March 2021. They removed a plate that restricted a lot of my leg movement. I still won't be able to ride a bicycle but at least I can bend my leg past 90° and ride a motorcycle again and don't have any trouble with getting into my car anymore.
 
  • Aww..
Reactions: luten
orlandom

orlandom

Mage
Joined
Mar 4, 2021
Messages
529
luten said:
so what did you do today to make yourself feel better?

What did you eat today?
Did you workout?
Showered?
Did you go outside today?
Did you put on fresh clothes?

Do you need a haircut?


:heart:

Cleaning yourself is not only about hygiene, is establishes a mind body connection, it registers as "you taking care of yourself". Don't rush it, moisturizing also extents this experience. You can even massage your own hands, feet, and legs. Enjoy the experience of taking care of yourself. Same with eating, if you eat healthy, you taking care of your body, you not just eating.

I usually put on some relaxing music , burn incense in the bathroom, it sound like a lot of time that is going into it, but in reality, no more than 15 minutes in the morning and at night.


Make sure you see the Sun, Moon, and the Stars everyday. They make us feel human, and reminds us of the bigger picture.


A Quick self-care lesson from the wolves;

Has ceased to look after himself properly. It lost its meaning.
 
L

luten

work, love, and learn
Joined
Feb 25, 2021
Messages
415
orlandom said:
Has ceased to look after himself properly. It lost its meaning.
I hope you can find encouragement to take care of yourself, no meaning is needed, do it because you can. I find that people notice how one take care of oneself, as a measurement of how you will take care of them one day. Do it because you can man.
 
  • Like
Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment
LunarPyotr

LunarPyotr

Похорони меня возле МКАДа
Joined
Jul 4, 2020
Messages
400
Mentalmick said:
Fuck me, my bike is 202kg and that feels heavy.
It's kinda like having a car engine in a motorcycle. Fun fact. That thing is idling at 50kmh/34mph in the first gear so, it's just ridiculous.
Luckily there are some thick piping on each side of this motorcycle so that it cannot fully flip on a side. Good thing if you forgot the stand ;)

For me it's kinda a new experience tbh. I mostly rode japanese motorcycles which are really light and my last motorcycle was an unlocked Suzuki GS 500. I once drove a harley that I borrowed form my uncle but it was a chopper and since it's very low, it's way easier to move it while it's turned off and in neutral
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mentalmick
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Joined
Nov 30, 2020
Messages
2,072
LunarPyotr said:
It's kinda like having a car engine in a motorcycle. Fun fact. That thing is idling at 50kmh/34mph in the first gear so, it's just ridiculous.
Luckily there are some thick piping on each side of this motorcycle so that it cannot fully flip on a side. Good thing if you forgot the stand ;)

For me it's kinda a new experience tbh. I mostly rode japanese motorcycles which are really light and my last motorcycle was an unlocked Suzuki GS 500. I once drove a harley that I borrowed form my uncle but it was a chopper and since it's very low, it's way easier to move it while it's turned off and in neutral
Japanese sport bikes can be pretty light although I can't ride them because of a dodgy back. Being short and weak doesn't help matters. I can only put one foot fully down on my bike (Honda cb650r) and it's pretty low as it is.
 
LunarPyotr

LunarPyotr

Похорони меня возле МКАДа
Joined
Jul 4, 2020
Messages
400
Mentalmick said:
Japanese sport bikes can be pretty light although I can't ride them because of a dodgy back. Being short and weak doesn't help matters. I can only put one foot fully down on my bike (Honda cb650r) and it's pretty low as it is.
I see. Looking at images it's also a short bike. I never drove any of those before but I personally prefer when they're a bit longer. On my Suzuki I sometimes attached side bags when I traveled somewhere and the funny thing is that it didn't matter if I put two bottles of water on one side and some other lighter things on other side, the center of gravity balanced everything really well. Well, at this point I'm too broke to buy another GS 500 and the 500E are just castrated 500's plus they mostly have some gasket isses where you get some oil stains on your legs.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mentalmick
Carrotcake

Carrotcake

Experienced
Joined
Nov 27, 2019
Messages
271
Your thread inspired me to do my hair and make up today. I feel terrible but at least I did a thing today (trying to have a positive attitude here )
 
L

luten

work, love, and learn
Joined
Feb 25, 2021
Messages
415
Carrotcake said:
Your thread inspired me to do my hair and make up today. I feel terrible but at least I did a thing today (trying to have a positive attitude here )
wow, you did great ! so proud of you, indeed ! Keep it up ! :heart:
 
  • Hugs
Reactions: Carrotcake
Shadowrider

Shadowrider

Student
Joined
Jan 26, 2021
Messages
188
Extra chance for some ego trip, thank you!


What did you eat today? - Überhealthy things. Apples, a portion of kidney beans w/ a mixture of brown rice and oats, a bowl of cereals w/ yoghurt.

Did you workout? - I always do! Addicted to working out. Calories, you see.

Showered? - I shower twice a day, otherwise I would feel dirty and smelly.

Did you go outside today? - Yes, took out the trash, the selective stuff and a FUBAR lamp.

Did you put on fresh clothes? - Yes. I do it every day.

Do you need a haircut? - I shave it every other day. Did it today, so don't need one ATM :Đ
 
Bedrock48

Bedrock48

Specialist
Joined
Feb 1, 2021
Messages
394
I ate a fair bit, including some cheesy pasta for dinner.

Unless cleaning counts, no

No since I showered on Sunday so I should be good for another day or so.

Yes, not entirely by choice though. Bins needed emptying and I had an exterminator round.

No, whoops!

100%, there's a long wait for my hairdresser though so it'll have to wait.
 
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
L the spiral effects of body and mind | self-care Recovery 2
L self-care | the why's Recovery 4
whatevertryinmeans23 Story Self care is an individual concept!!! Recovery 1

Similar threads