• Welcome! SanctionedSuicide is a forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

Do you take selfies?

• Yes

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • No

Votes: 29 78.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Desperate_Soul

Desperate_Soul

I'll See You Guys On The Other Side Of The Rainbow
Aug 26, 2018
On rare occasions, I appreciate myself and how I look so I take pics of myself. When I go to take a selfie, I take multiples snaps at different angles, then I use the magic of photoshop to make me look like it's not me anymore. Sometimes I take silly selfies with no filter or edits and send it to people to scare them. :)

Desperate_Soul

Desperate_Soul

Aug 26, 2018
I don't usually take serious selfies. It I like taking silly ones with silly faces. I don't share them with people but I use them to laugh at myself (in a good way for once) because it reminds me how crazy and random I am sometimes when I'm bored.

I like this reply, it made me happy to read! :D
Sometimes I use snapchat filter and just scroll through the different filters and have fun with those.

Caustic Cardinals

Caustic Cardinals

Enlightened
Sep 1, 2018
If I was not a heinous pile of ambiguous shit I might be inclined to post images of myself as well but seeing how I am ambiguous heinous pile of shit I do not have the confidence to allow the world to see me for how I really am physically. You can take a wild guess that I have fairly severe body image issues. Body dysmorphia.

jaemus12

jaemus12

Earth’s Parasite
May 11, 2018
I like this reply, it made me happy to read! :D
Sometimes I use snapchat filter and just scroll through the different filters and have fun with those.
Yes the filters. I don't use Snapchat but playing with Instagram filters back then was fun too. I also like to invert colors on my phone and freak myself out when I see my photos in dark colors.

Abel

Abel

Delusional
Sep 11, 2018
Never, I hate my appearance. I find even my reflection physically repulsive.

As a result, I actually have very few pictures of myself at all, and I honestly cannot think of a single video that I'm in. When I die... there really won't be much left to remember me by.

Escargot Shorts

Escargot Shorts

Tears-of-a-Clown Ass Bitch
Sep 26, 2018
there's a song called Faceshopping by SOPHIE that just fucking slaps and touches on a lot of body image mood in the context of how we can adjust our appearances through technology. it's some wild stuff. anyway, i have a hard time with selfies and most photos of myself. a lot of times i have to do a ton of stuff to feel very in control of how i look and how i'd be perceived. it's whack stuff.

whatmattersmost

whatmattersmost

Gone to HANG.
Sep 10, 2018
If I was not a heinous pile of ambiguous shit I might be inclined to post images of myself as well but seeing how I am ambiguous heinous pile of shit I do not have the confidence to allow the world to see me for how I really am physically. You can take a wild guess that I have fairly severe body image issues. Body dysmorphia.
I want to see what you look like. . . .

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
One time a year I take some picture 50-100 in one go if I catch the right lighting, but other than that I never take selfies. And I will never and have never used filters or crap like that. What you see in my pictures is 100% me no filters or photoshop to make look different.

Also if a person is trying to date and when you meet up with your match they flat out rejects you then I don´t blame them. If you make yourself look better in a picture with photoshop their perception of your appearance can only go downward from there.

Desperate_Soul

Desperate_Soul

Aug 26, 2018
One time a year I take some picture 50-100 in one go if I catch the right lighting, but other than that I never take selfies. And I will never and have never used filters or crap like that. What you see in my pictures is 100% me no filters or photoshop to make look different.

Also if a person is trying to date and when you meet up with your match they flat out rejects you then I don´t blame them. If you make yourself look better in a picture with photoshop their perception of your appearance can only go downward from there.

Do other people not exchange live pictures or video chat before they meet up? Lol. That's bold of them.

whatmattersmost

whatmattersmost

Gone to HANG.
Sep 10, 2018

Don't meet people off the internet.

Ashpac

Ashpac

Lost and always will be.
Jul 22, 2018
I didnt mind selfies, always been a good looking lad (from the lasses who have told me) doesnt mean fuck all though. I could of looked different and id still be the same with what happened to me. So fuck selfies! I hate pics of me, I cant stand looking at myself!

whatmattersmost

whatmattersmost

Gone to HANG.
Sep 10, 2018
I didnt mind selfies, always been a good looking lad (from the lasses who have told me) doesnt mean fuck all though. I could of looked different and id still be the same with what happened to me. So fuck selfies! I hate pics of me, I cant stand looking at myself!
Prove It. . .

PatKat

PatKat

Meh
Aug 9, 2018
Hmm... This post got kinda rude please Ashpac and whatmattersmost lets have a good night. I had a bad night last night so i understand.

You dont have to listen to me just dont really wanna see that kinda stuff atm.

Thank you both and much love <3 <3 <3 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.