• Welcome! SanctionedSuicide is a forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

S

Smart No More

Warlock
May 5, 2021
I feel bad for her and have always held 'nothing compares' dear to my heart and amongst my favourite songs. As a result I find myself sympathetic towards her even in light of her erratic and questionable behaviour that's largely outweighed the impact of such a timeless song. That said, I do wonder why people choose to post their desire to commit suicide on a social media platform. It seems like a cry for help or perhaps attention whixh is one of those things I don't really want to tar somebody with unduly. It is quite illogical though.

M

Mashedout

Nov 25, 2020
After losing a child, I can tell you that there is no pain worse than this. Especially for a mother. I hope she gets help. I do understand why she wants to ctb. Makes me very sad.
Pain is pain, it's all the same in terms of reaching bottom. It's a destination and what road you take to get there doesn't really matter. When you get to the point that you want to die and give up everything good and bad, that's as bad as it gets for anyone.

Xeroornothing

Xeroornothing

Global Mod “Ye shall be as gods..🐍🍎”
Jun 22, 2021
Pain is pain, it's all the same in terms of reaching bottom. It's a destination and what road you take to get there doesn't really matter. When you get to the point that you want to die and give up everything good and bad, that's as bad as it gets for anyone.
I agree with this %100. Someone doesnt have to experience some horrific occurrence specifically to reach a place of total despair and helplessness. Lose has different appearances but in the end we are all here struggling with the same outcome.

Sides

Sides

Dec 28, 2021
I feel bad for her and have always held 'nothing compares' dear to my heart and amongst my favourite songs. As a result I find myself sympathetic towards her even in light of her erratic and questionable behaviour that's largely outweighed the impact of such a timeless song. That said, I do wonder why people choose to post their desire to commit suicide on a social media platform. It seems like a cry for help or perhaps attention whixh is one of those things I don't really want to tar somebody with unduly. It is quite illogical though.

All of this. Posting a desire to CTB on Facebook or Twitter or other social media is only a cry for help. She has her demons to battle, but putting it out in public like that means she really wants somebody to stop her.

I put on the happy clown face in public, but the only place I am going to post how I TRULY feel is here or in another forum of like-minded people.

I don't want anybody to stop me. I am crying out for help, but only for help in catching the bus, not help in staying in this world.

I love her and her music, though I prefer Chris Cornell's rendition of "Nothing Compares 2 U".