N

Need2Escape

Jun 4, 2021
Hi,

is there advantage to CTB with N sitting up in a chair just to minimize chances of vomiting?

Reactions: setup
P

PeacefulTonic

Wizard
Aug 10, 2021
I don’t think you want to be sitting upright in a chair. That creates extra unknown variables, such as falling over to the side making you more susceptible to vomiting, etc.

I believe it’s best to lay down but to have your head and upper back slightly elevated

Phia2021

Phia2021

The sun was shining but I couldn't feel the warmth
Aug 15, 2021
I plan to sit up so I don't choke on my own vomit like the girl from Breaking Bad. If I fall over then I'm in the same position as if I were laying down anyway. I wouldn't wanna lay on my side because I wouldn't want vomit on my cheek - which I know is a silly thing to worry about when one is going to die, but still.

Last edited:
S

Smart No More

Arcanist
May 5, 2021
The vids I've seen they're always sitting up either in a bed or chair. I'm sure I read that it's best if you prop yourself sitting up. Slightly reclined. It makees the risk of aspiration less in the event of vomiting in your sleep. I'm just trying to jog my memory for anybody laying down but every one I think of was sitting upright mostly. All supervised in one form or another. Actually, now I come to think of it there was one that ebed up laying doen after falling asleep. He was the guy who had his family around him and did it at home. He took a whike to pass. I think he was in the documentary that Terry Pratchet did but I may be wrong.