zeroornothing

zeroornothing

Enlightened
Jun 22, 2021
I am always searching for news stories on suicide to learn about the people’s circumstances that lead to their ctb. If you have stories please share

S

Smart No More

Arcanist
May 5, 2021
Like the idea of being able to read about these things. It would be great to get a source of unbiased factual reports on suicides.

On a side note, after seeing the last article, I think all "influencers" should fall off something very high. :))

S

Smart No More

Arcanist
May 5, 2021
How weird of you to say.
You have more sympathy for a potential murderer(1st article) than an unsuccessful influencer(last article).
Well now you're putting words in my mouth. I didn't say I have any sympathy for anyone. You can't assume that because a person displays a dislike for one thing it automatically indicates they like another. For example, if I said I hated ketchup it doesn't indicate I love mayo. Anyway, I hadn't read the articles at that point. Purely going by the titles I was literally just picking up on the term "influencer". It makes me cringe because of it's very nature. I just dont like the manipulative shit finding it's way into pop culture these days, and subsequently young minds. People don't need influencing/manipulating into buying loads of crap because is incrementally 'better' than the last delicate piece of tech, helping ruin our planet, getting shit injected into their faces and arses, segregating people and making people feel 'less than' if they don't fit a certain demographic or aesthetic. So no, I don't think it is that weird of me to say that I'm not fond of influencers or anything they stand for. So yeah, chuck them all of something higher than the morales they display. That said, my original comment was at least to some extent, tongue in cheak. Hence the smiley at the end and the quotes around the word influencers.

Last edited:
N

No_Comply

"It's my escape, and that's nice to have"
May 16, 2021
Well now you're putting words in my mouth. I didn't say I have any sympathy for anyone. You can't assume that because a person displays a dislike for one thing it automatically indicates they like another.
But if you clearly single out one thing from the rest as being worse, it suggests you have a more neutral respect for the others.
For example, if I said I hated ketchup it doesn't indicate I love mayo.
No, but this indicated you hate ketchup but have no problem with mayo, mustard, bbq sauce etc..
Anyway, I hadn't read the articles at that point. Purely going by the titles I was literally just picking up on the term "influencer". It makes me cringe because of it's very nature. I just dont like the manipulative shit finding it's way into pop culture these days, and subsequently young minds. People don't need influencing/manipulating into buying loads of crap because is incrementally 'better' than the last delicate piece of tech, helping ruin our planet, getting shit injected into their faces and arses, segregating people and making people feel 'less than' if they don't fit a certain demographic or aesthetic.
Sure, but you have no idea what this particular "Influencer" even put out. she could have been a vegan lifestyle influencer for all you know. It's a broad term for a reason. You said yourself you hadn't read the articles.

Also weird that you care so much about influencers ruining young peoples lives by steering them towards materialistic consumption more than actual young people being murdered by their partners? I mean everybody knows Brian Laundrie for that.
So no, I don't think it is that weird of me to say that I'm not fond of influencers or anything they stand for. So yeah, chuck them all of something higher than the morales they display. That said, my original comment was at least to some extent, tongue in cheak. Hence the smiley at the end and the quotes around the word influencers.
yeah sure you have full freedom to say whatever you feel, joke or not, but I also have full freedom to react to it however I feel

Apathetic999

Apathetic999

Student
Mar 9, 2020
Does anyone know how to prevent your ctb from appearing in the news? Is there some kind of privacy stipulation that can be put in place - perhaps in a note?

Reactions: poisonedminds
zeroornothing

zeroornothing

Enlightened
Jun 22, 2021
Does anyone know how to prevent your ctb from appearing in the news? Is there some kind of privacy stipulation that can be put in place - perhaps in a note?
Some countries i believe have media regulation against reporting suicides to the public. Some have regulation against naming the victim. I think either way it is outside of your control and it ultimately depends on your state/country regulations.

Reactions: Apathetic999
Apathetic999

Apathetic999

Student
Mar 9, 2020
Some countries i believe have media regulation against reporting suicides to the public. Some have regulation against naming the victim. I think either way it is outside of your control and it ultimately depends on your state/country regulations.
Sigh yeah I can see that. I believe in several US states at least the media are strongly encouraged to refrain from posting the means to CTB but not the victim's name. Just wish dying by suicide (reason for death) could be ommitted

zeroornothing

zeroornothing

Enlightened
Jun 22, 2021
Sigh yeah I can see that. I believe in several US states at least the media are strongly encouraged to refrain from posting the means to CTB but not the victim's name. Just wish dying by suicide (reason for death) could be ommitted
I dont honestly think every suicide is reported in the news unless it caused some kind of commotion or for someone with a rank or fame or another crime related suicide. I wouldnt worry too much. My friend was in Oregon in the time she took her own life drinking N in a hotel and I scoured all the news outlets there searching for any report about her suicide for days afterwards but didnt find any

cambrai33

cambrai33

Nov 3, 2021
Normally comes up in the coroners court hearing long afterwards which seems to have resident journos who report on findings.

Most after the fact stuff I see is age and gender with links to helplines