• Welcome to SanctionedSuicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

L

LittleJem

Enlightened
Techie help please- my phone keeps telling me websites have failed SSL when I try and research psychedelics on legitimate sites like shops in EU. I can reach these sites fine from my laptop. I have tried 3 different browsers on my phone - Firefox, Opera and Safari. Does anyone know why this is? I’m trying to research LSA. I can wait till I’m home, but it’s really annoying and concerning that my phone is stopping my research.
It says it ‘can’t establish a secure connection to the server’ but it is only doing this for psychedelic related websites . It’s really sinister.

Last edited:
Giraffey

Giraffey

Your Orange Crush
This can happen for any number of reasons, unfortunately; but given that error message, if it's just happening on mobile it's likely your mobile provider is blocking access to the site under a "harmful content" censure policy. You can double-check here: https://www.blocked.org.uk

First, if you have an account with your mobile provider, log-in and make sure to disable the "adult content" filter. Unfortunately, even with this switched off sometimes you will still experience censorship. The simple solution would be to use a VPN, many are relatively inexpensive and tech-friendly, if you can download an app and login then the service will take care of the rest.

Reactions: LittleJem
L

LittleJem

Enlightened
Thank you. At least my phone doesn’t block SS! I’ll look into it.

Reactions: Giraffey