- Sep 10, 2018
I was thinking we could make a positive thinking thread as this website is overwhelmingly negative. While I believe that life is mostly suffering, there are good things too. Por favor no platitudes
- I never know what tomorrow could bring. Maybe someone will find/invent a solution to my problems. Maybe a fairy godmother will appear like in Cinderella and magically fix my problems. Maybe I'll meet someone who will change my life and make me wonder why I was ever suicidal.
- I'm going to die anyway in 60 or so years, and once I'm dead I won't remember or feel my suffering. I should tough out life to see what happens as maybe my suffering will end. People overwhelming report as they get older their happiness and self satisfaction increases.
- I can chase whatever dreams I want. I can dance, I can write, I can read, I can do whatever I want and learn something new everyday.
- Maybe I can help other people. Life isn't just about maximizing my happiness. If I can make the world a better place for others, my existence has meaning.
- Maybe there is a higher power that will be upset if I end my life. Maybe some of us are meant to be pushed to the edge because it gives us a different perspective on life.
- I am lucky that I'm not starving, have access to a computer, and have somewhat decent health. There are many people in the world that don't have these things.