• Hey Visitor,

In light of recent events, all community members in the US should reach out to their representative in regards to the Stop Online Suicide Assistance Forums Act that has been introduced in congress. This bill, if passed, could criminalize this community and hold it liable for simply hosting information.

You should be able to locate and contact your represenative by going to this website. You can also contact Lori Trahan, the one spearheading this bill by calling her office at (202) 225-3411 or by leaving a message on the contact form on her site.

One of the best ways to combat this is to make your voice heard. We're not political activists, but we made this notice to let you know that you do have a voice and that you do have representives that represent you in congress.
Sonnenblume

Sonnenblume

Sunflower Panda
Apr 6, 2018
I'm an old fart now but have wanted to die since I was like 10. I think people should be able to go as long as they understand death is permanent. Yeah, sometimes things do get better, sometimes they get worse and you've just wasted more years in pain. That's been the case for me. I think it should be up to each individual how much they are willing to go through for the hope of a better day, regardless of age.

L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Is there anyone on this site other than me who is under 18 but still wants to die? A lot of threads are talking about how people under 18 shouldn’t be allowed and I’m sick of feeling alone, especially on a website.

I'm not under 18 but don't feel alone. Everyone suffers and age is only a number. We'll try to help and discuss and won't discriminate.

ImNotBatman

ImNotBatman

Student
May 9, 2018
Is there anyone on this site other than me who is under 18 but still wants to die? A lot of threads are talking about how people under 18 shouldn’t be allowed and I’m sick of feeling alone, especially on a website.

Its not about people not wanting you or others like you here. But there are issues we all struggle with on this.

1. The human mind is physically not developed until much later in life, and even at 26, I can look back and go, man 18 was a lifetime ago, and infinitely different. To make a decision before youre an adult...can be the wrong one if you arent sure of yourself, and to encourage someome who isnt an adult to make that decision...it could affect us too.

2. The fact that any of us are here, and follow self reporting protocol, means that any of us could be lying about our situation. That lets say, I claim to be a paralyzed individual at the age of 16, and I want to catch the bus. You give me assistance because I'm so miserable or so you think. Then I catch the bus. Then you later find out I'm just a normal kid going through a rough time, and could have been talked out of it. Its a huge grey area. I know anyone could be lying, certainly. But as a teenager, people are more controlled by hormones and emotions than logic or thought.

3. Legalities. No one here has gotten in trouble yet, but it will always loom over us.
Especially if you encourage a minor to suicide.

I personally will never openly or actively encourage anyone under 18 to CTB. Privately, I'd assist as I could, but unless someone said "I'm in chronic pain and miserable, etc" I would not say "heres how you can do it. " I would feel horrible, beyond belief. To see any young life snuffed out...

Life can improve. And it can get worse. You alone have to make your decision how and when you do something like that.
If you ask us how to do something, we'll probably tell you. But giving information out to someone who says "I'm a minor please help me CTB " is going to recieve mixed reviews.

Sonnenblume

Sonnenblume

Sunflower Panda
Apr 6, 2018
I don't think it's right to encourage or discourage anyone, I'm not in their shoes and don't have a right to judge. But I'll answer questions when asked. I don't have secret info that couldn't be found with some google searches, anyways.