• Welcome to SanctionedSuicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

Midgardsorm

Midgardsorm

SelmaJezkova10 said:
I don't know why everyone likes AOT so much, I only watched first season and it seems good but just that, it's not like: OMG THE BEST ANIME EVER

sorry to AOT fans :c
Aside from the first season intro song, I just hate it.

Oh, and the Vertical movement equipment. Thats cool too.

Reactions: Skathon
narval

narval

Experienced
Imaginos said:
I always prefer looking at negative reviews over positive ones. Like on Steam and IMDB, or what have you. Positive reviews never tell the whole story and always gloss over, downplay, or outright ignore the flaws in any given movie/show/game, et cetera. Positive reviews also tend to be heavily riddled with fanboyism and also carry the risk of being left by shills.

I also believe that, at the end of the day, everything sucks in some form or another. Nothing is truly perfect. Seeing things through a harsh critical lens is always going to be the more truthful/authentic perspective. Even for things I personally happen to like, I still prefer looking at the reasons for why people think they're bad, since when it comes down to it, everything is fundamentally terrible. No matter what it is, we can only ever really enjoy something in spite of its flaws. Those who pretend something's flaws are minimal or outright nonexistent are completely delusional. This is exactly why I avoid/despise anything that's over overhyped or that are arrogantly deemed too "perfect" to criticize, or that certain parts of them are beyond criticism. As far as I'm concerned, nothing is exempt from being demonstrably shown to be awful on some level.

Maybe that's just my own fixation on the negative side of things talking and, to a certain extent, I'm willing to admit that this might be partly the reason why I feel this way. Setting that aside, I guess I just prefer when something's strengths and weaknesses are acknowledged equally, and that one is willing to admit that there are certain aspects of whatever it might be that they're talking about that are terrible, which almost never happens in positive reviews.
Is this really a unpopular opinion? i also do the same in steam: if a game looks good to me, i search first for how many shitty pay to win, dlcs "because the money" has and so. It's a reject condition
Then, i look for bad crits. If it's broken/buggy/poor optimized and not in beta, another reject condition. And i prefer to know it BEFORE i buy the game and the big disappointment.
Finally, if the crits are others, well. I'll see if i can live with it or seems to be exaggerating, i buy.

cloudgazer26

cloudgazer26

quiet is violent
JackSepticEye is mediocre at best

hotelbeneathground

hotelbeneathground

zzz
western_heart said:
it doesn't feel great either when an intimate partner has facial hair imo

not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Visionary
Rallyon said:
I feel there is someone watching me I feel secret cameras are everywhere and I'm done looking for help I cant trust and I know better not to
I have felt like this before too. Sometimes it's worse. I guess I have gotten used to it.
Reminds me of this Halloween song. :wink:

• Love
Reactions: Rallyon and newave3
hotelbeneathground

hotelbeneathground

zzz
Most of us have a list of SaSu members we wish would die already :haha:

BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Meditation guide said:
it is what it is

is a phrase I hope will go away permanently
Shouganai :wink: honestly though, it tends to sound dismissive. I can understand that

Symbiote

Symbiote

Global Mod
hotelbeneathground said:
Most of us have a list of SaSu members we wish would die already :haha:
Am I on the top of that list?

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Desire=half of life. Indifference=half of death.
Why call this site SaSu? We know it's not a reference to nazis to call it SS. I get that we need an abbreviation for it but SaSu sounds like it's trying too hard to be cute, but is just cringy.

Last edited: