• Welcome! SanctionedSuicide is a forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

Circles

Circles

There's a difference between existing and living.
Sep 3, 2018
@SnowLeopord

You’re cool. Such constructive criticism pointing out I say y’all instead of you all. Oh god fucking forbid. Where’s your argument? Oh wait just make fun of someone saying y’all. I might sound rude when I debate but I sure as shit wouldn’t make fun of anyone’s way of saying things.

So funny putting a yay emoji Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Still waiting on your constructive arguments unless of course you just want to troll.

Last edited:
tryingtoescape

tryingtoescape

Student
Dec 30, 2019
Alright, here is another hot take: cancel culture doesn't exist.

J.K.Rowling is doing fine. Dave Chapelle is doing fine. Even Donald Trump is doing fine. Here is a good video dissecting the discussion.

It definitely exists, people have committed suicide over cancel culture. And "doing fine" is subjective. While one person may be fine being cyberbullied and humiliated and harassed daily, most people are seriously emotionally affected by that kind of public humiliation.

https://www.deccanchronicle.com/wor...o-of-her-with-headscarf-is-shared-online.html

There are many more examples.

Chinaski

Chinaski

Perchance to dream
Sep 1, 2018
It definitely exists, people have committed suicide over cancel culture. And "doing fine" is subjective. While one person may be fine being cyberbullied and humiliated and harassed daily, most people are seriously emotionally affected by that kind of public humiliation.

https://www.deccanchronicle.com/wor...o-of-her-with-headscarf-is-shared-online.html

There are many more examples.

Cancel culture does not exist. People commit suicide for myriad reasons, all of them valid to the perception of that individual - just because someone may have decided to ctb because of some perceived woke agenda which is out to silence them does not in itself evidence the unstoppable evil of "cancel culture" any more than someone ctb because of separation evidence the truth about divorce.

High-profile people with huge platforms and significant wealth complaining that they are being "silenced" because some people below them on the food chain called them out on their shitty opinions is not something that should ever be taken seriously, this is a continuous right-wing blare of white noise which has existed in some form or other for as long as I've been alive. Bigots should be challenged, objectionable opinions should be held to scrutiny, purveyors of hate rhetoric should be taken to one side and binned off. Nobody gets "cancelled" just for "having an opinion", they get called out and shunned for being fucking arseholes, and that is how it should be imo.

Will add here btw that Caroline Flack's death had nothing to do with "cancel culture" and whoever wrote that article suggesting as much is a piece of shit for using her tragic story as a means of furthering "cancel culture" bullshit.

Last edited:
tryingtoescape

tryingtoescape

Student
Dec 30, 2019
Cancel culture does not exist. People commit suicide for myriad reasons, all of them valid to the perception of that individual - just because someone may have decided to ctb because of some perceived woke agenda which is out to silence them does not in itself evidence the unstoppable evil of "cancel culture" any more than someone ctb because of separation evidence the truth about divorce.

High-profile people with huge platforms and significant wealth complaining that they are being "silenced" because some people below them on the food chain called them out on their shitty opinions is not something that should ever be taken seriously, this is a continuous right-wing blare of white noise which has existed in some form or other for as long as I've been alive. Bigots should be challenged, objectionable opinions should be held to scrutiny, purveyors of hate rhetoric should be taken to one side and binned off. Nobody gets "cancelled" just for "having an opinion", they get called out and shunned for being fucking arseholes, and that is how it should be imo.
Are you seriously saying most of those people would have committed suicide if not for being relentlessly harassed, publicly humiliated, and cyberbullied daily? Have you ever been bullied daily in your life to the point of wanting to commit suicide? I have been. It destroyed my psychological well-being and stunted my emotional growth according to several psychiatrists. If you haven't been, you have no right to say that a constant barrage of bullying and public shaming wouldn't lead to someone becoming suicidal. Nowhere did I talk about high-profile people with huge platforms and significant wealth. All of the people I mentioned were average people or d-list celebrities at most. Even in the cases where celebrities are involved, it is usually the smaller, average people that end up being driven to despair, not the people massive fanbases and huge platforms that you mentioned.

I provided examples where teenagers were bullied due to cancel culture and driven to suicide and I can provide more, but you either didn't look at them or don't care. Cancel culture is real and selective. It isn't about morals or improving society. Donna Hylton has not been canceled or "called out and shunned" like you put it but average people like in the cases I linked to have been cancelled by malicious hoards online and endure public humiliation and have emphasized cancel culture as the cause of their suicide. People like this choose to take part in woke false-outrage cancel culture because it's an acceptable way to release their sadistic hatred and malice onto someone who can't fight back, and have more anger for someone falsely accused of something they didn't do or a teenager who made a racist/sexist remark when they were 13 and apologized than a Nazi or gang member. It's mob-mentality and it's nothing new.

Cancel culture has always existed. During the crusades, Satanic Panic, and now. Every decade, its participators are convinced they are "in the right" and "on the righteous side."

If you need an article from a medical viewpoint to tell you why an average person being relentlessly bullied and humiliated would cause negative psychological effects, https://www.verywellmind.com/the-mental-health-effects-of-cancel-culture-5119201

Last edited:
Chinaski

Chinaski

Perchance to dream
Sep 1, 2018
Are you seriously saying most of those people would have committed suicide if not for being relentlessly harassed, publicly humiliated, and cyberbullied daily?
No, I'm clearly not saying that. I'm saying the direct link you are drawing between ctb and "cancel culture", the notion of a woke agenda out there to silence the noble truth-tellers, is inaccurate. Even so, if "people ctb because of this, therefore it's bad" is the argument, there are much more significant causes of ctb out there imo - many of those crying about being cancelled have actually done a fair bit yo perpetuate harmful attitudes which lead to ctb, jk Rowling being an obvious example.

Cancel culture has always existed. During the crusades, Satanic Panic, and now. Every decade, its participators are convinced they are "in the right" and "on the righteous side." People like this choose to take part in woke false-outrage cancel culture because it's an acceptable way to release their sadistic hatred and malice onto someone who can't fight back, and have more anger for someone falsely accused of something they didn't do or a teenager who made a racist/sexist remark when they were 13 and apologized than a Nazi or gang member.
"Cancel culture" as is commonly understood has not always existed. It's the latest con trick pulled by people with significant power and platform to spin themselves as noble, hard done to bastions of truth, because it's absolutely in their interests for them to have dipshits identifying with them as noble martyrs than it is for them to be recognised as powerful oppressors. Nobody got "cancelled" - if they did, they wouldn't have their platform to bleat about it.

tryingtoescape

tryingtoescape

Student
Dec 30, 2019
No, I'm clearly not saying that. I'm saying the direct link you are drawing between ctb and "cancel culture", the notion of a woke agenda out there to silence the noble truth-tellers, is inaccurate. Even so, if "people ctb because of this, therefore it's bad" is the argument, there are much more significant causes of ctb out there imo - many of those crying about being cancelled have actually done a fair bit yo perpetuate harmful attitudes which lead to ctb, jk Rowling being an obvious example.
This makes no sense. “If people commit suicide over being bullied relentlessly for saying something they feel remorse for when they were teens,” - because that’s what I clearly stated I was talking about, “this is bad?” Yes, if you can’t see the problem in that there is no point. If you need to be told that being bullied relentlessly and publicly humiliated has negative psychological effects and still deny the reality that it occurs and, you are either choosing ignorance or you don’t care.

There are much more significant causes of ctb out there
Again this statement makes no sense and shows an overt lack of empathy. You are denying basic psychiatric medicine.

There is a direct link between being bullied and suicide. There are literally medical studies that prove this. My experience being bullied as hugely contributed to my suicidal thoughts even before I developed physical illnesses. All of these people committed suicide because of cancel culture or suffered severe psychological damage
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/01/14/drag-protest-death/
http://www.edrants.com/when-is-a-karen-not-a-karen-the-cruelty-and-lies-of-karlos-dillard/
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...n-bullied-death-defending-Dave-Chappelle.html
https://www.insider.com/toxic-tragic-results-of-online-hate-bullying-cancel-culture-2020-2?amp
https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/cancel-culture-changed-lives-forever-cbsn-originals/#app
www.distractify.com/p/is-nessa-barrett-muslim
www.dexerto.com/entertainment/nessa-barrett-opens-up-about-bipolar-disorder-amid-online-bullying-1402996/?amp
Again you are failing to acknowledge the people I mentioned and you conveniently and selectively only mention famous people with large platforms. I’m not speaking about those people or people who do wrong with no remorse. You failed to acknowledge the psychological damage and suicides of the average people I mentioned.
"Cancel culture" as is commonly understood has not always existed. It's the latest con trick pulled by people with significant power and platform to spin themselves as noble, hard done to bastions of truth, because it's absolutely in their interests for them to have dipshits identifying with them as noble martyrs than it is for them to be recognised as powerful oppressors. Nobody got "cancelled" - if they did, they wouldn't have their platform to bleat about it.
You’re blatantly denying reality and shifting to something completely unrelated. I didn’t mention any powerful people claiming to be noble truth tellers. Those people are often the ones doing the public shaming and they get away with it. Literally all of the people I've known who have been popular outspoken supporters of cancel culture and shared posts online "calling out" people have been the most racist and sexist people in private life and sleep like babies. The people I mentioned are average people, mostly adolescents, who admit they said something wrong and were bullied to death or into depression and isolation. Cancel culture is determined by your peers. It has always existed. It isn’t about morality, it’s about dominance.

I’m not speaking about famous people with huge support bases. I made it very clear I’m speaking about average people and teenagers like in the examples I provided.

The definition of cancel culture is very large groups of people ostracizing and humiliating and harassing a person for a real or perceived error. This has always existed.

Mob mentality and public humiliation are nothing new. Again, its participators are always convinced they are in the right.

Last edited:
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
@tryingtoescape people blasting their inappropiate behavior into the internet and the internet responding appropiately isn't cancel culture. It's them facing consequences for outrageous behavior.

Also most of the other cases you've mentioned have nothing to do with cancel culture, Your link to insider is about a celebrity that couldn't handle online hate after appearing on a reality TV show. There was no cancelling going on. Another link leading to edrants is about someone uploading a video on the internet in which they harass another woman. None of these cases address cancel culture as it's described in this thread, it's about bullying and online hate. That's an entirely different subject.

Last edited:
tryingtoescape

tryingtoescape

Student
Dec 30, 2019
@tryingtoescape people blasting their inappropiate behavior into the internet and the internet responding appropiately isn't cancel culture. It's them facing consequences for their provocation and I don't feel bad about them.

Also most of the other cases you've mentioned have nothing to do with cancel culture, Your link to insider is about a celebrity that couldn't handle online hate after appearing on a reality TV show. There was no cancelling going on. Another link leading to edrants is about someone uploading a video on the internet in which they harass another woman. None of these cases address cancel culture as it's described in this thread, it's about bullying and online hate. That's an entirely different subject.
Are those the only examples you can point out? The girl in the 2nd link committed suicide because she was accused of being a racist due to an offensive photo. That is easily “blasting her inappropriate behavior online” and “provocation” according to many people. Or the 21 year old in the first link constantly bullied and harassed online for an offensive remark which was deemed “innapropriate behavior” by many people. Or the 15 year old who became suicidal because she was relentlessly harassed for posting a video where the Quran was playing in the background. Even after she said she was going to commit suicide on Twitter, people egged her on to it and replied with clown emojis because they said she was racist. The woman in the edrants was accused of being racist and humiliated online, videos of her were shared online of her with hundreds of thousands of likes, shirts were even sold by the perpetrator mocking what she said while she was crying. That is literally what cancel culture is. It looks so similar to bullying and harassment because it is. Doctors and psychological experts speak on the harmful effects of cancel culture and equate it to bullying. It is the same thing. Cancel culture is determined by your peers. You can’t say “that isn’t cancel culture” because it’s an example of someone being canceled that highlights the cruelty of it and it’s unfair. You refuse to acknowledge that there are people who are “canceled” who do not deserve the treatment they receive. You can’t pick and choose what is and isn’t cancel culture and what is online bullying. And you can’t selectively choose to ignore the other examples that don’t fit. You can’t say “that isn’t cancel culture” because it doesn’t fit your beliefs and also ignore the other examples of people taking their lives due to it. I would never even willingly bring this subject to my mind because I already have obsessive compulsive disorder but it bothers me so much because it disturbs me that this causes undeserved suffering and it’s just dismissed and denied. Suicide due to bullying is completely preventable and unnecessary and tragic. If cancel culture did not exist, the 21 year old man and the girl in the first and 2nd link would not have taken their lives.

Last edited:
Chinaski

Chinaski

Perchance to dream
Sep 1, 2018
Hate to break it to you but you're not significant enough to experience "cancel culture". What you're describing is a confusion of bullying, harassment, but nothing you've posted is relevant to "cancel culture".

"cancel culture" is a tool used by the establishment and representative figures to silence its/their critics by portraying them as a baying, angry mob. It is not the cause of widespread suicide.

Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
I don't think I'll ever buy a Pokemon game again. I was the biggest fan from Gen 1 forward, but Let's go, SwSh, BDSP and Arseus (pun intended) are... let's say I made a game myself and I enjoyed it more that those games.

LossOfWill

LossOfWill

Lowpoly Heaven
Dec 24, 2020
I think neopronouns and xenogenders are neat! Even if I don't understand them all the time. Since gender is a social construct it only makes sense that there would be like, more of them.

I know a lot of people think it delegitimatizes trans people, but I think they're harmless. (note: I am trans)

motel rooms

motel rooms

So sodomitic.
Apr 13, 2021
Anal sex is not appealing... I mean c'mon, it's just the wrong hole...

deep apologies to @hotelbeneathground for this one... plz don't make my punishment too severe :shy:

Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm actually not obsessed with penetrating guys. :)) It's hot, but it's only fun for me if it's fun for them, & sometimes they just can't handle it. I find frot (you lie on top of a man & rub your penis against his) & intercrural/thigh sex (you put your penis between his thighs & thrust) perfectly satisfying.

Btw, I would punish a str8 guy only if I found him sexy, & I would do it by edging him with my hands & mouth, which would drive him insane with pleasure & turn him gayer than me. :sunglasses::wink:

AverageFanEnjoyer

AverageFanEnjoyer

The Hated One
Sep 26, 2021
We apply ''worth'' the wrong way when it comes to needs and stuff taht fulfill them. in fact, it shouldnt even be applied. the fact that we are born here without consent and then somehow have to ''earn a living''? and be worth having food, shelter, water etc.? No fuck it, no one consented to this or had any idea that this would happen. Everyone needs these things as it's shown even on Maslow's Pyramide at the very bottom. This could happen if everyone would oppose their evil nature, but it won't happen.

blueclover_.

blueclover_.

Better Never to Have Been: 2006, David Benatar
Oct 11, 2021
I don't like El from Stranger Things

:/
Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm actually not obsessed with penetrating guys. :)) It's hot, but it's only fun for me if it's fun for them, & sometimes they just can't handle it. I find frot (you lie on top of a man & rub your penis against his) & intercrural/thigh sex (you put your penis between his thighs & thrust) perfectly satisfying.

Btw, I would punish a str8 guy only if I found him sexy, & I would do it by edging him with my hands & mouth, which would drive him insane with pleasure & turn him gayer than me. :sunglasses::wink:
Alright that's enough internet for today

Last edited:
Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
Sports of all kinds are a waste of time and have huge health risks to those who play them. And I would know I played Hockey and got my skull bashed in, changed me for the worst and made me dumb as fuckin' hell. Yet I still love watching sports, must be some form of Stockholm syndrome.