• Welcome to SanctionedSuicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Joined
Nov 4, 2019
Messages
6,369
Underscore said:
Either that or...
RRRRUUUUUUUNNNN!!!


I pressed it too waaaaa!

giphy.gif

I can't do it, man!
 
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Joined
Jul 31, 2018
Messages
6,926
It offered to install the Sanctioned Suicide app :O
 
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Joined
Jul 31, 2018
Messages
6,926
JustABunchOfAtoms said:
Can we see a user's former name?
Yes. On their profile or if you hover over their avatar to see their card, there is a little icon after their name (I think it's a clock?) that shows their previous username.
 
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Joined
Jul 31, 2018
Messages
6,926
JustABunchOfAtoms said:
What about if you're on mobile or tablet
Don't know, I assume you just open their profile or maybe long press on the avatar to see the card.
 
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Joined
Jan 20, 2020
Messages
6,046
JustABunchOfAtoms said:
What about if you're on mobile or tablet
Underscore said:
Don't know, I assume you just open their profile or maybe long press on the avatar to see the card.
Yes, you just click it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: sadworld
Coffeandamug

Coffeandamug

Words are quite useless, and so am I.
Joined
Oct 22, 2020
Messages
52
The ranks are gone but we keep the colors to have fun while we still have a symbolic representation of the how the old forum was? SS mods come here I wanna kiss you
 
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Joined
Jan 20, 2020
Messages
6,046
Coffeandamug said:
The ranks are gone but we keep the colors to have fun while we still have a symbolic representation of the how the old forum was? SS mods come here I wanna kiss you
We still have ranks.
 
  • Like
Reactions: sufferingalways
Coffeandamug

Coffeandamug

Words are quite useless, and so am I.
Joined
Oct 22, 2020
Messages
52
RoseyBird said:
We still have ranks.
Wait Roseybird I'm confused... I meant that when you choose your own "rank" they are not ranks anymore. I saw "angelic" below your nick and I thought that they were still around but there are some users who are angelic and don't have angelic anymore on their profiles...
 
Last edited:
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Joined
Jan 20, 2020
Messages
6,046
Coffeandamug said:
Wait Roseybird I'm confused... I meant that when you choose your own "rank" they are not ranks anymore. I saw "angelic" below your nick and I thought that they were still around but there are some users who are angelic and don't have angelic anymore on their profiles...
you can customize what it says under your name that was always an option. The ranks you see are the standard ones . I assume you could always just custom in the standard ranks if you really wanted to lol.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Coffeandamug
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Joined
Jul 14, 2020
Messages
1,749
If we change our username, will all our previous posts retain the old username, or will the new one replace them?

If the new one replaces the old name on the old posts, it feels a bit like retroactively changing history, and will be slightly confusing.

Then again, if the old posts retain the old username, whilst a new one is being used, that is potentially even more confusing.
 
Last edited:
Despondent

Despondent

Moderator
Joined
Dec 20, 2019
Messages
6,732
worried_to_death said:
If we change our username, will all our previous posts retain the old username, or will the new one replace them?

If the new one replaces the old name on the old posts, it feels a bit like retroactively changing history, and will be slightly confusing.

Then again, if the old posts retain the old username, whilst a new one is being used, that is potentially even more confusing.
Our previous posts use the changed username (they're replaced with the new one)
 
  • Like
Reactions: esse_est_percipi
Apathy79

Apathy79

Specialist
Joined
Oct 13, 2019
Messages
324
Ooh the react scores are back on my screen.

I'm not too fussed about changing colour. I feel like these are the stripes I've earned so far. And I like it anyway! If I was that awful yellow colour I'd probably change though.
 
  • Like
Reactions: sufferingalways
SweetTangerine

SweetTangerine

ᴸᵉᵗ ᵘˢ ᵖˡᵃʸ, ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ᵍʳᵉᵃᵗᵉˢᵗ ᵒᶠ ˢᵗᵃᵍᵉˢ!!
Joined
Nov 9, 2020
Messages
43
maybe we should keep ranks and just have exclusive colours? or would that just defeat the purpose of this update -_-
 
  • Like
Reactions: Skathon and MindFog
Uncle Donk

Uncle Donk

I tried. I really did.
Joined
Jan 3, 2020
Messages
1,069
I'm gonna miss grinding to the next colour. It motivated me to make more post.
The yellow colour makes the username barely legible though. but it's perfect as an avatar colour :pfff:
 
Last edited:
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Joined
Oct 30, 2019
Messages
20,798
I'm aware that if you change your username it displays your old username. What I'm curious about is if you change it a second time does it display your original username you signed up with? Or does it display the previous one you changed it to?
 
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Joined
Jul 31, 2018
Messages
6,926
Brick In The Wall said:
I'm aware that if you change your username it displays your old username. What I'm curious about is if you change it a second time does it display your original username you signed up with? Or does it display the previous one you changed it to?
It might give a list of former usernames.
 
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Joined
Jul 31, 2018
Messages
6,926
I want to change mine but I can't think of any username that isn't either pretentious or just taking the piss. I might just stay the same, it's easier.
Underscore said:
It might give a list of former usernames.
@Brick In The Wall the whirly icon reveals 'Previous usernames' which implies that all previous usernames will be recorded there.

Interesting. I've changed to blue but I'm still pink (at least to me) in the members online list.
 
Last edited:
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Joined
Jan 20, 2020
Messages
6,046
That’s how one looks. Guess we will need to wait and see if it’s a list the more we add. Looks like it will be.
 

Attachments

  • 42747DE9-A560-42DD-BD8A-5D8CAAAFEC03.png
    42747DE9-A560-42DD-BD8A-5D8CAAAFEC03.png
    605.5 KB · Views: 72
Status
Not open for further replies.