• Welcome! SanctionedSuicide is a forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

What device are you using to answer this poll?

• Desktop

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • Laptop

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Tablet

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Smartphone

Votes: 23 51.1%

• Total voters
Desperate_Soul

Desperate_Soul

I'll See You Guys On The Other Side Of The Rainbow
Aug 26, 2018
I much prefer desktop, but when I'm not near my computer, I use my mobile device.

PS: I don't know if this is just my mobile that does this, but when you're on mobile, you can't see signatures! You mobile-only users are missing out on free virtual hugs... :P

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Super duper enlightened
Sep 9, 2018
Laptop or phone, it's about 50/50. I have been in some pretty family friendly/wholesome environments while using the site on mobile. There's something funny about being like "oh yes, I think that top with the spaghetti straps really suits you" and at the same time you're on here talking about wanting to blow your brains out.

MeltedJello

MeltedJello

My brain is a liquid mess.
Aug 18, 2021
Always used smartphone. It’s quick & easy imo. I’ll probably try browsing on pc before I ctb, if I’m not lazy.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Illuminated
Mar 23, 2018
Dayumn!!! This this is an old thread. :wink: Some names I haven't seen in a long time.
Memories !!!:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:
Anyway, To answer the question.... Tablet. Though it is faster for me to type on a laptop.

Reactions: MeltedJello
littlelungs

littlelungs

Arcanist
Oct 21, 2018
I almost exclusively use my phone because I can adjust the brightness to a really low level where it doesn't strain my eyes to look at the screen, and because I can browse the site and participate in pretty much any position in which I'm laying in bed.

Oddly enough, though, as I answer this question, I'm browsing from my laptop because I'm taking a few minute-"break" from working on my exit notes/preparations.

Shadowplay

Shadowplay

Average life non-enjoyer
Sep 11, 2021
Almost always my phone. I tend to check SS when I'm on the bus. The only problem is when I want to show people stuff that's on my phone, and I have to take a minute to close the browser or change the page I'm on.

Reading about CTB while riding a bus - nice.

On laptop and phone; is a bit buggy on my phone so definitely prefer laptop.

UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
The only thing I have. My phone. My computer got struck by thunder, through the telephone line, on the day - get this - when I took a rope and went into the woods to hang myself. Obviously I didn't and when I came home the computer was roasted. That's cosmic justice for you - bring down a man that's already at the bottom.