• Welcome! SanctionedSuicide is a forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

solid_snake

solid_snake

Nov 27, 2021
I really want to fight a war where I have good equipment but it seems no one likes me enough to actually want to enlist me.

Reactions: mixolydian
ColorlessTrees

ColorlessTrees

Jan 4, 2022
Thanks for this thread; it’s nice to see the genuine interest in people’s responses as well.

I’ve abandoned most of my hobbies and goals, so I guess it’d just be forcing myself back to them and to push forward. Because either way, I can’t follow through with any of my “plans” until I have ample space from my family.

Such as:
-Returning to my Japanese studies. I never got far, but I used to have consistency and memorization of a couple hundred kanji.

-Writing a little every day, even if it’s just word vomit. Writing is the one rare thing that I enjoy, but it feels so hard to do that it’s infuriating. The words stagnate; particularly when it comes to fiction writing.

-Not failing my prerequisite courses. It feels unattainable anymore, but I “want” to be a nurse.

-Picking up an instrument. Unsure which. I’ve never been into music up until last year, and consequently have zero knowledge.

-Investing more time into skincare/beauty. This is a big one for me. Because of my health issues, my skin/hair have suffered, among other things.

No matter how small, I think goals are a good thing; and I wish everyone the best of luck achieving them.

t-rex

t-rex

Jan 8, 2022
I almost said "get a job", as that's the most obvious thing I "should" do. But the way I've been feeling the past week, I don't really want that.

What I want is to get well enough mentally to live at a Buddhist monastery and grow spiritually.

Idleness may not seem like the ideal thing for a depressed person, but I figure life in a monastery would be less idle and less isolated than my current existence sitting in my new apartment. I need some structure and community in my life, and, as I said, I want to grow spiritually. What better way than to live with people way more spiritual than I am?

So I *don't* want to get a job, I need to get rid of this apartment I just got, put my few belongings in storage, and go meditate in the forest and sweep the temple grounds and listen to the birds.

Speaking of idleness, check out Bertrand Russell's wonderful essay, "In Praise of Idleness": https://harpers.org/archive/1932/10/in-praise-of-idleness/

"I hope that after reading the following pages the leaders of the Y. M. C. A. will start a campaign to induce good young men to do nothing."

Hear, hear! :)

NotSureToEndure

NotSureToEndure

Professor of not a lot
Aug 17, 2020
Finally start following my passions, properly. I make shit, and I want to make it on a more regular basis.. and get people engaged with it.. maybe :happy:

Hindsightis2020

Hindsightis2020

you exist
Jun 14, 2019
Leaving this here to look back on.

I want to study and pass the examinations for my professional credentials, finally start playing the piano, and read to my heart's content all the spiritual books I want to pursue.

I also want to lose 40 lbs.

Funkytown

Funkytown

I don't know why I run away
May 6, 2021
Not entirely sure, but here's what's on my mind:

• Finish school
  • Get a part-time job (or another income source) and save some money for Uni
  • Know what I want to study and where
  • Read more books
  • Listen to more and varied music albums
  • Try to reconnect with some old friends
  • Learn 2D animation
  • Do some kind of exercise regularly

Kalebri

Kalebri

Slave
Dec 18, 2021
Well, my death would be okay as well, but if i can, at least, somehow manage to let some good contribution, a legacy, i'd be more satisfied, even if it means nothing at the end. I don't ask for some kind of redemption, my life is worthless anyway, its just a feeling of duty.

mixolydian

mixolydian

broken body, broken mind
Aug 2, 2020
I wonder if we could form some kind of group and push each other to achieve our goals this year?
I would be heavily down for that. Sometimes a bit of encouragement to keep you on track can make all the difference (for those of us that aren't planning on ctb anytime soon). I'm already making great progress with one of my goals that I thought unattainable, so I'd love to spread the good energy back to anyone needing it.

Last edited:
paulstrong

paulstrong

Enlightened
May 5, 2020
Visiting my mother's resting place, finalising my will, hopefully get some Nembutal, get the hell out of here.