born2win

born2win

Time is a flat circle
Jun 5, 2022
IMG 20220622 133726 Will this work? Im not sure with chemicals i just wanna know if Tech grade means anything in the food industry.

LifeHasNoOptIn

LifeHasNoOptIn

Worst Life Ever
Mar 31, 2022
My guess would be it is reagent grade to be used in chemical testing. My SN is rated similarly and was purchased from a chemical store for use in chemical testing, not for food use. It is my understanding this should work but I can't say with 100% assurance as I haven't tested mine yet.

Reactions: born2win
W

waitingforrest

Wizard
Dec 27, 2021
I have only heard lab and food grade. Arccording to a quick seach, tech grade it somewhat impure, not meant for cosumption because too many impurities or precise reactions or meds, but is used to make other stuff. Most likely industrial use?

But I don't know how pure it is off that unfortunately. It still should be about 98% but no chemist is going to using it when regent grade exist. I think it's fine, just test it in case. (Edit)

Last edited:
born2win

born2win

Time is a flat circle
Jun 5, 2022
My guess would be it is reagent grade to be used in chemical testing. My SN is rated similarly and was purchased from a chemical store for use in chemical testing, not for food use. It is my understanding this should work but I can't say with 100% assurance as I haven't tested mine yet.
Yep i guess it should work in their store description it says that it can be used for meat. Only one way, and one time to find out i guess
I have only heard lab and food grade. Arccording to a quick seach, tech grade it somewhat impure, not meant for cosumption because too many impurities or precise reactions or meds, but is used to make other stuff. Most likely industrial use?

But I don't know how pure it is off that unfortunately. It still should be about 98% but no chemist is going to using it when regent grade exist. I think it's fine, just test it in case. (Edit)
hmm but the seller stated in its product description that it is 99% purity. Is there a food grade with 99% and tech grade with 99% grade also?

Last edited:
LifeHasNoOptIn

LifeHasNoOptIn

Worst Life Ever
Mar 31, 2022
Yep i guess it should work in their store description it says that it can be used for meat. Only one way, and one time to find out i guess
There are 2 methods to test SN purity that don't involve consumption. One is the blood test which just requires adding a little bit of blood to the SN where it should change to a chocolatey brown color quickly. The other is using aquarium testing strips. There are multiple threads covering both methods. Here are a couple examples...

born2win

born2win

Time is a flat circle
Jun 5, 2022
Anyone else can comment on this please?
Im searching for difference between Lab grade vs Food grade. Can i use either?

born2win

born2win

Time is a flat circle
Jun 5, 2022
There are 2 methods to test SN purity that don't involve consumption. One is the blood test which just requires adding a little bit of blood to the SN where it should change to a chocolatey brown color quickly. The other is using aquarium testing strips. There are multiple threads covering both methods. Here are a couple examples...

ill try this out. thank you

Reactions: LifeHasNoOptIn
FallenStar

FallenStar

I'm tired of my existence.
Oct 23, 2021
Yes it will work for you. I asked for food, technical and reagent grade and they told me that any would do. Just do the blood or aquarium test as mentioned to make sure.

Reactions: born2win
born2win

born2win

Time is a flat circle
Jun 5, 2022
Yes it will work for you. I asked for food, technical and reagent grade and they told me that any would do. Just do the blood or aquarium test as mentioned to make sure.
thank you

C

Cheza_mus

Experienced
Jul 1, 2021
I heard someone say Whether tech or lab or food or industrial grade it will work out....what matters is the purity