• Welcome! SanctionedSuicide is a forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

StarDust

StarDust

Mage
Aug 21, 2018
What brought you to this point in your life?

We all have ghost and memories that keeps us up at night (especially me) some of you know why. What there a moment time time that just made you fall? Or a series of events? Or a choice that haunts you still? Share if you like.

mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
I quit my last job back in Nov 2017. I worked there for just about 11 years and I seriously suffer from PTSD from that place. It's like everyday all day long I can't stop thinking about that place, the people, and all the crap I had to put up with. I'm burned out physically, mentally, and emotionally like beyond repair !

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
My many abortions and basically traumatizing the shit out of myself. It’s difficult to talk about all of it. I think about my years and years in the strip club. I think about my disaster relationships and how I feel like my life passed me by but I failed to create an acceptable life. I mean like where I’m not stupidly suffering, because the problems just compounded over time.

Last edited:
SiArc

SiArc

sassy and sarcastic-y
Dec 10, 2018
To not sound cliché but my mother. Some health issues that did not actually prevent me from doing my dream job but the titles of the surgeries did, a rape, my absolute anxiety and depression, not ever even partially fitting, and the weirdest of them all: my brother not succeeding...

Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
A wide range of events spanning my lifetime, missed opportunities owing to anxiety, abuse, betrayal, lies, depression, possibly undiagnosed autism. The feeling I'm past my best before date, and probably a lot more that I can't be bothered to type.

The ghost from my childhood is particularly gruesome, he likes to creep up on me when I least expect it and beat me down.
The marriage ghost is just as bad, he chases me around the room screeching what should have been, but how I'm too fucked up to even have got that right.

Last edited:
Smilla

Smilla

-
Apr 30, 2018
To not sound cliché but my mother. Some health issues that did not actually prevent me from doing my dream job but the titles of the surgeries did, a rape, my absolute anxiety and depression, not ever even partially fitting, and the weirdest of them all: my brother not succeeding...

Your brother not succeeding, in suicide? Sorry, I’m not trying to be daft, just want to clarify.

SiArc

SiArc

sassy and sarcastic-y
Dec 10, 2018
Your brother not succeeding, in suicide? Sorry, I’m not trying to be daft, just want to clarify.
No, him not succeeding in life. He has so much potential but my mother has him wound so tightly around her finger. I feel responsible though I know I am not for him never getting out there. Me taking and doing the things he should have first. Like I said, weird and hard to explain.

Smilla

Smilla

-
Apr 30, 2018
No, him not succeeding in life. He has so much potential but my mother has him wound so tightly around her finger. I feel responsible though I know I am not for him never getting out there. Me taking and doing the things he should have first. Like I said, weird and hard to explain.

I don’t think it’s weird to be sad for a sibling—they after all are our closest relatives and to witness their pain is difficult at best.