• Welcome to SanctionedSuicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
I

IsThisTheEnd?

Arcanist
If everyone in the world became suicidal, some virus or something I don't know, how would this make you feel???

BornofDust

BornofDust

Student
That sort of already happened with COVID since the Risk for Suicide dramatically increased eelier in the pandemic last year. I think that has Climate Change comes closer and gets more dramatically worst then suicide rates will probably increased ten-fold since the whole thing will be traumatic, wars, starvation, etc. Personally I wouldn't be happy per se but I would be sort of " head of the curve." in a twisted way lol. But overall I would find it tragic tbh that this seems to be the only way the world can have peace.

Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Jesus, it can't be far off even without a virus, everywhere I look these days there is a suicide, on SS, :smiling: but in the newspapers on the films even on LinkedIn, I have started seeing posts from friends and family posting RIP messages.

Cheers

Geo

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Living dead girl
I think it would take away the stigma that comes with being suicidal, and suicidal people will be understood more if everyone was like that. It would probably lead to having a right to die everywhere and the acceptance of suicide as an rational option.

I

IsThisTheEnd?

Arcanist
WornOutLife said:
I'd be like "Finally! These goddamn apes have realized this world sucks and life is nonsense"
deserves more than a thumbs up.

it would be a unusual feeling I think if everyone! had a hopeless feeling.

minamin

minamin

FuneralCry said:
I think it would take away the stigma that comes with being suicidal, and suicidal people will be understood more if everyone was like that. It would probably lead to having a right to die everywhere and the acceptance of suicide as an rational option.

As this world gets more and more screwed over, with climate change/political tensions/etc making futures uncertain, I sort of hope that it will lead to something like this. I would hate to be someone 70 or so years from now (if I’m still alive by then) and having to deal with what life is like in a crumbling environment with no out that isn’t demonized.

Makko

Makko

Enlightened
Would it be like that "The Happening" movie? It would be a good show.

hotelbeneathground

hotelbeneathground

gay
Isn't it common knowledge that the whole world is suicidal already?

I

IsThisTheEnd?

Arcanist
to an extent that is true we don't look after our planet but most would have a fear of dying if the end of the planet was imminent.

Reactions: whitefeather
stellabelle

stellabelle

ethereal
IsThisTheEnd? said:
If everyone in the world became suicidal, some virus or something I don't know, how would this make you feel???
I’m relatively certain that much of the world feels suicidal or grief. But what causes that? Lack of control over environmental factors that have caused trauma? Maybe abuse in the family, or bad financial situations?

are people actually suicidal or are they searching for a way out of the dark place they are in? That’s the real question, is that a “flight” response - where the only solution seems to be end of life? If I had to guess I think a majority of our population has felt this way at some point or several times in their lifespan. The question is why? Are people causing harm to one another or are they helping?

Boochky

Boochky

Fat, bipolar, and hairy. (Sorry boys, I’m taken.)
hotelbeneathground said:
Isn't it common knowledge that the whole world is suicidal already?

You are absolutely correct and your gif choice perfection.

Reactions: IsThisTheEnd?