• Welcome! SanctionedSuicide is a forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

Jen Erik

Jen Erik

-
Oct 12, 2018
SomaFM and laut.fm are two that I like a lot. I prefer to use services that are based on the terrestrial radio licensing model.

I don't use Apple Music, Spotify, Pandora, etc. on principle, based on their royalty payouts, they are too small relative to terrestrial radio.

I also like to purchase music to own when I can and it's available, so Bandcamp is always my first stop to look for that, then 7Digital, iTunes as a last resort if there's something exclusive they've got that I want.

I'd buy CDs more often, but it seems like it might be too much trouble as I am trying to get rid of my personal belongings before I ctb, not collect more.

V

Voldmort

-
Sep 23, 2018
I download the songs, piracy is the most common thing here. I think it's absurd to have to pay to listen to music, enough money is already collected at shows.

I convert the videos from youtube to mp3 and I cut the audio if I need to, I usually choose the best video and it always has good quality. spotfy is boring for the poor like me and does not have classic music like youtube has.

Last edited:
AveryConure

AveryConure

Some idiot
May 11, 2018
Spotify, and when I'm too poor to pay for it sometimes I'll literally "rip" the music by recording, mixing, and converting it with Audacity like a fucking plebian cause I like to have music during my long late night walks (I live in the middle of nowhere in Indiana so I could literally walk around here at 3 am without getting shanked or whatever).

BaconCheeseburger

BaconCheeseburger

Comfort-eating
Aug 4, 2018
I use spotify, because my ex boyfriend linked me to his family subscription, and even though we broke up in June/July he still hasn't removed me from it!

Susannah

Susannah

Arcanist
Jul 2, 2018
Anyone having problems with Spotify premium?

The past weeks, since last update, my Spotify is lagging, and I don't like just having 3 "buttons" (on my Galaxy s7). Used to be 4.

Reactions: Angel Goddess
Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Do you have premium/ YouTube Red?
No I just use regular youtube and then download with https://ytmp3.cc/

I used to use the program ILivid but the program doesn't work anymore for some reason. It was awesome because it was faster, and you could make a whole list of things to download without having to go one by one and wait to do the next.

Susannah

Susannah

Arcanist
Jul 2, 2018
No I just use regular youtube and then download with https://ytmp3.cc/

I used to use the program ILivid but the program doesn't work anymore for some reason. It was awesome because it was faster, and you could make a whole list of things to download without having to go one by one and wait to do the next.
I remember ILivid. Now that YouTube and Google Play Music are teamed up (premium users will get the access to both downloading and uploading music), smaller converting programmes were shut down.

Reactions: Angel Goddess