• Welcome to SanctionedSuicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

Pookie

Pookie

Somebody you used to know.
Famous bands often have interesting stories behind what made them come up with their band names. In the same vein, I’ve seen many interesting/creative usernames on SS and was wondering what the thought process behind them were or events/movies/songs that inspired you to choose your username. Obviously suicide would be one such reason...

I’ll start: I was going through a hellish time and feeling incredibly ill with very high pain levels and would’ve done anything to escape the pain. My prescription painkillers weren’t working. So I was Googling different ctb methods and inevitably stumbled upon SS. I was desperate to join and couldn’t think clearly due to the pain, so I just chose a username that was the first word to pop into my head, which bizarrely happened to be the word “Pookie.” There was simply no thinking process behind it.

Now your turn. (Obviously don’t give away too many identifying/personal details as we all know this is a public forum.)

Solution
Pookie
JackTheStripper said:
I like to make others laugh I guess?^^"
Yup, you succeeded in that. :pfff:

PS: Some people here get angry/offended when people make the odd joke or are funny on a morbid “slit-your-wrists” type forum like SS, but I say to hell with them! I think it’s great that some people can still maintain their sharp wit despite their depression.

I often dealt with my depression by trying to see the absurdity of life, which in turn could make me laugh at times.

We all deal with our depression differently. Some of the most depressed people are actually the funniest people. Just look at Robin Williams…
S like suicide said:
My name starts with the...
SelmaJezkova10

SelmaJezkova10

Amorphous and useless thing
Selma Jezkova is the name of a character from a movie called "Dancer in the Dark", I don't identify with her or anything, I just really like the name and the movie, it's one of my favorites.

Upvote 0
Pookie

Pookie

LetsFlyAway said:
A song

Lets fly away out of this world
If only... :aw:
SelmaJezkova10 said:
Selma Jezkova is the name of a character from a movie called "Dancer in the Dark", I don't identify with her or anything, I just really like the name and the movie, it's one of my favorites.
Why does Dancer in the Dark sound so familiar to me? I’m gonna have to Google it.

Upvote 0
AloeGarden

AloeGarden

Every day feels the same
mine is the old soundcloud username of an artist i like. his name is spelt 'garten' but i spelled it garden. oops

Reactions: Pookie
Upvote 0
Pookie

Pookie

AloeGarden said:
mine is the old soundcloud username of an artist i like. his name is spelt 'garten' but i spelled it garden. oops
I found an “aloegarten” on YouTube but can’t be sure if it’s the one you’re referring to?
Does the music sound very chilled in general?

The piece I listened to reminds me of the type of music you can listen to while relaxing in nature and taking shrooms.

Upvote 0
AloeGarden

AloeGarden

Every day feels the same
Pookie said:
I found an “aloegarten” on YouTube but can’t be sure if it’s the one you’re referring to?
Does the music sound very chilled in general?

The piece I listened to reminds me of the type of music you can listen to while relaxing in nature and taking shrooms.
funny u should say that, im on acid rn lol

and yea thats him. hes called ecco2k right now, aloegarten on yt shows some of his old music. my fav song of his is peroxide :)

• Love
Upvote 0
A

AndromedaZ

I don't even remember this username, I started using it back when urbandead.com was fairly new

Upvote 0
Pookie

Pookie

Searcher of Elysium said:
The story behind my nick is quite short, I had no idea what nick to pick, I prefered something I've never used yet.

I really liked the word "Elysium". Partially because it's the place of eternal hapiness, where people can peacefully rest, without any suffering or desires (if allowed to enter here of course)- the place where you also don't remember anything from your past.
Also because how it sounds to me. I really like this world. Might be a bit weird I think, but yeah. In my opinion it sounds kinda relaxing.

I'm searching for such a place, it seems that there's nothing what can finally release me from my suffering, as long as I'm alive. I really wanted to believe that there may be some other means to make my problems more bearable, to feel able to do something more productive than laying on my bed for the half the day, to be released/healed from my traumas which completely shattered my life (not sure if they are exact traumas for sure).
But I think as long as I'm alive, I'll never find what I'm looking for. That's why I picked nick "Searcher of Elysium" (might not be correct in english though, I'm not sure).

PS @Searcher of Elysium: I wanted to post a message on your profile wall but for some reason I can’t, it won’t let me :-(

Reactions: Searcher of Elysium
Upvote 0
Searcher of Elysium

Searcher of Elysium

Longing for eternal sleep
Pookie said:
PS @Searcher of Elysium: I wanted to post a message on your profile wall but for some reason I can’t, it won’t let me :-(

I just changed settings. If you want to, feel free to post whatever you want :happy:

Upvote 0
Pookie

Pookie

I just changed settings. If you want to, feel free to post whatever you want :happy:
Now it’s completely inaccessible. When I click on your profile it says “This member limits who may view their full profile” so I can’t see your profile at all. Do you have some sort of vendetta against me? If you hate me for some reason, could I ask you a huge favour - please shoot me in the back of the head execution style. Thanks in advance. :haha:

Upvote 0
Searcher of Elysium

Searcher of Elysium

Pookie said:
Now it’s completely inaccessible. When I click on your profile it says “This member limits who may view their full profile” so I can’t see your profile at all. Do you have some sort of vendetta against me? If you hate me for some reason, could I ask you a huge favour - please shoot me in the back of the head execution style. Thanks in advance. :haha:

bruuuh :(

I think I'm more retarded than I thought xD

Ok I see a problem, solved, you can post now. I'm so sorry ;-;

Unfortunately I have nothing to shoot anybody, and If I had, I would shot myself first :))
If again something doesn't work, tell me xD

Last edited:
Upvote 0
LetsFlyAway

LetsFlyAway

Wandering Cat
The story behind my nick is quite short, I had no idea what nick to pick, I prefered something I've never used yet.

I really liked the word "Elysium". Partially because it's the place of eternal hapiness, where people can peacefully rest, without any suffering or desires (if allowed to enter here of course)- the place where you also don't remember anything from your past.
Also because how it sounds to me. I really like this world. Might be a bit weird I think, but yeah. In my opinion it sounds kinda relaxing.

I'm searching for such a place, it seems that there's nothing what can finally release me from my suffering, as long as I'm alive. I really wanted to believe that there may be some other means to make my problems more bearable, to feel able to do something more productive than laying on my bed for the half the day, to be released/healed from my traumas which completely shattered my life (not sure if they are exact traumas for sure).
But I think as long as I'm alive, I'll never find what I'm looking for. That's why I picked nick "Searcher of Elysium" (might not be correct in english though, I'm not sure).
I thought it is from a movie "elysium"

Upvote 0
Searcher of Elysium

Searcher of Elysium

LetsFlyAway said:
I thought it is from a movie "elysium"

Honestly, I didn't know about the movie :)).
I don't watch movies at all, but if it's something worth watching, well...
Did you watch it by any chance?

Upvote 0
LetsFlyAway

LetsFlyAway

Wandering Cat
Honestly, I didn't know about the movie :)).
I don't watch movies at all, but if it's something worth watching, well...
Did you watch it by any chance?
It is a good movie to me.

In 2154, the rich live in Elysium, an advanced space station, while the others thrive in poverty on Earth. Max begins a journey to Elysium to change the fate of humans on Earth and restore equality.

Upvote 0
Searcher of Elysium

Searcher of Elysium

LetsFlyAway said:

In 2154, the rich live in Elysium, an advanced space station, while the others thrive in poverty on Earth. Max begins a journey to Elysium to change the fate of humans on Earth and restore equality.

Sounds good, I like the movies with such setting. Will watch tomorrow!

Upvote 0
L

Less_Negative

Less is more.
I've been told that I am a negative person or that I drown myself in a glass of water for as long as I remember.
So my name is basically the opposite of what I am. Someone that is less negative than their current self, if that makes any sense at all.

Upvote 0
Pookie

Pookie

bruuuh :(

I think I'm more retarded than I thought xD

Ok I see a problem, solved, you can post now. I'm so sorry ;-;

Unfortunately I have nothing to shoot anybody, and If I had, I would shot myself first :))
If again something doesn't work, tell me xD
Nooo, you’re not retarded and no apologies needed. It took me some time to get used to the site too.

• Love
Reactions: Searcher of Elysium
Upvote 0
kerokeroka

kerokeroka

Kerokero:8068 我正在学习中文, 我虽然不擅长..
Its from kero kero bonito.

• Love
Upvote 0
Pookie

Pookie

EraseRewind said:
EraseRewind - I wish I could.
Same here. Is it from that song Erase & Rewind by The Cardigans? (I think they’re called The Cardigans but I could be mistaken.)
AloeGarden said:
funny u should say that, im on acid rn lol

and yea thats him. hes called ecco2k right now, aloegarten on yt shows some of his old music. my fav song of his is peroxide :)
You’ve got to be kidding me! You were on acid as we spoke? Hope you enjoyed your trip.
LetsFlyAway said:

I’ve seen the movie too, I enjoyed it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
fatelovesyou

fatelovesyou

You're useless... less than useless. You're sick.
my online alias is fate, and i often write "[character] loves you" as a little positive vandalism in various online and irl spaces. i put two and two together, and "fatelovesyou" was born <3

Upvote 0
Pookie

Pookie

fatelovesyou said:
my online alias is fate, and i often write "[character] loves you" as a little positive vandalism in various online and irl spaces. i put two and two together, and "fatelovesyou" was born <3
Pretty obvious that you’re a “creative.” I used to be one but life circumstances stomped me deep into the dirt.
Less_Negative said:
I've been told that I am a negative person or that I drown myself in a glass of water for as long as I remember.
So my name is basically the opposite of what I am. Someone that is less negative than their current self, if that makes any sense at all.
Are you aspiring to be less negative or have you given up hope?

• Love
Reactions: fatelovesyou
Upvote 0
fatelovesyou

fatelovesyou

You're useless... less than useless. You're sick.
Pookie said:
Pretty obvious that you’re a “creative.” I used to be one but life circumstances stomped me deep into the dirt.

Are you aspiring to be less negative or have you given up hope?
thank you. my (stale excuse of) creativity is all i have left. i hope life is kinder to you from now on. ^_^

• Hugs
Upvote 0
Xerneas

Xerneas

Pookie said:
Famous bands often have interesting stories behind what made them come up with their band names. In the same vein, I’ve seen many interesting/creative usernames on SS and was wondering what the thought process behind them were or events/movies/songs that inspired you to choose your username. Obviously suicide would be one such reason...

I’ll start: I was going through a hellish time and feeling incredibly ill with very high pain levels and would’ve done anything to escape the pain. My prescription painkillers weren’t working. So I was Googling different ctb methods and inevitably stumbled upon SS. I was desperate to join and couldn’t think clearly due to the pain, so I just chose a username that was the first word to pop into my head, which bizarrely happened to be the word “Pookie.” There was simply no thinking process behind it.

Now your turn. (Obviously don’t give away too many identifying/personal details as we all know this is a public forum.)
i am merely a pokemon

• Love
Upvote 0
Seiba

Seiba

Student
The character from a visual novel I read is largely referred to saber but seiba by some of the fans due to how it's said in japanese (I think that's the reason.)

Upvote 0
Pookie

Pookie

Seiba said:
The character from a visual novel I read is largely referred to saber but seiba by some of the fans due to how it's said in japanese (I think that's the reason.)

Nice name. What’s the title of the visual novel?
fatelovesyou said:
thank you. my (stale excuse of) creativity is all i have left. i hope life is kinder to you from now on. ^_^
Thank you, that’s so kind of you to say. x

Upvote 0