• Welcome! SanctionedSuicide is a forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
Not that I remember. Recently, my dad started telling me my mom loves me, but knows I won't believe it. We both know he himself couldn't care less, he just supports me out of a sense of obligation. My mom wants me to be proof that she's a good parent, so that she can show off to my dad's side of the family (there's a lot of bad blood there over multiple issues which are all murky).

Apart from them, there isn't anyone else who would say that, sincerely or not.

M

Morning Angel

Useless Broken Wings
Aug 8, 2018
I haven’t heard it in ages irl. Probably the last time in real life was in April from a friend. My family doesn’t use this kind of language, I guess it’s not congruent with cultural norms. I like saying it though :)

@SamK said it to me only yesterday <3

Escargot Shorts

Escargot Shorts

Tears-of-a-Clown Ass Bitch
Sep 26, 2018
How do you know if someone really means it when they say they love you?
that is such a #mood and i think is the risk in being vulnerable. like a lot of that probably has less to do than knowing if people mean it (and the sort of fucked up things people will do or ask for to "prove" love is real) and whether we choose to believe it and what we do with that from there.

LifeSick

LifeSick

Eat the rich or die!
Sep 20, 2018
I'm trying to think of an answer... I think you just have to believe them? It's sorta like believing in God I guess (I don't, so I couldn't know for sure). What is love anyway? It's topic I like to talk about, and it's one of the main reasons for my suffering.

Maybe there's a way for them to prove they believe they Love you. But Love is so subjective and you'd never be able to experience what they believe is Love and compare it with what you call Love. It all goes back to what is Love. If they believe in their Love for you does it make it real?

LifeSick

LifeSick

Eat the rich or die!
Sep 20, 2018
Maybe there's a way for them to prove they believe they Love you. But Love is so subjective and you'd never be able to experience what they believe is Love and compare it with what you call Love. It all goes back to what is Love. If they believe in their Love for you does it make it real?

I'm still asking myself that question.

B

Bandzbandz

Student
Aug 23, 2018
This morning. I am blessed but I cant just live with myself anymore.

Reactions: lv-gras
Help_Me

Help_Me

Gene pool mistake
Oct 21, 2018
Few weeks ago by my gf (she says stuff like that probably once in a few years, so i was surprised a bit)

Reactions: lv-gras