• Welcome! SanctionedSuicide is a forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

Where are you from?

• North America

Votes: 21 30.4%
  • Central America

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • South America

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Europe

Votes: 35 50.7%
  • Asia

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Africa

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Oceania

Votes: 4 5.8%

• Total voters
Circles

Circles

There's a difference between existing and living.
Sep 3, 2018
Wow a lot of Europeans! Is there anything you hate about your country? I always hear how amazing it is to live over there but I never hear of the bad. Is your ctb situation caused by the environment your in?

ctoan

ctoan

Arcanist
Sep 30, 2018
Why on earth would you want to live here?! Expensive, pay for health insurance (and still pay for medical care copays, out of pocket max etc), crappy jobs, incredibly expensive schooling and debt problems...plus Trump. I'd take Europe any day!

dont forget about 30days paid vacation and very low student fees - like i paid 300 eur per semester and basically graduated debtfree

but there is just a inner redneck in me that wants to sit in front of his trailer, be able to buy guns at walmart and goes on alligator hunting

throwaway123

throwaway123

Hell0
Aug 5, 2018
Wow a lot of Europeans! Is there anything you hate about your country? I always hear how amazing it is to live over there but I never hear of the bad. Is your ctb situation caused by the environment your in?

The entire world is shit they just sell you the propaganda that life in Europe is great. It's not. Only the ultra-rich have great lives.

Maravillosa

Maravillosa

Mistress of all she surveys
Sep 7, 2018
The entire world is shit they just sell you the propaganda that life in Europe is great. It's not. Only the ultra-rich have great lives.

I think that the ultra-rich have great lives in just about any country in the world (although there are ultra-rich people who ctb). The rest of us? Even in Europe, the US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand, life is mediocre at best. For far too many people, life is horrific.

BTW, I live in a suburb of Los Angeles, about 20 miles (35 km) from downtown and about 40 miles (70 km) from the beach.