N

noname223

Visionary
Aug 18, 2020
I thought there might be different categories. I think this is pretty individual and there are many possible answers.

Here is the list of mine. Number one is the most scared thing for me.

1. Surviving with longterm damage.
2. The police is coming to me, maybe I had to do something illegal in order to die peacefully. And this stresses me a lot.
3. Possible pain (Not that bad for me. At least when it does not last for a long time)
4. Possible costs ( another reason why I won't buy N - additionally for the possible legal punishments)
5. Scared about a possible afterlife - punishment for committing suicide (not really that bad for me. Personally I believe I will return to the same metaphical condition as before I have been born)

These variables influence obivously my method list. Surviving with longterm damade is by far the most frightening for me. This has stopped me from past attempts. But I become more serious about it because I see how hopeless the development of my life is.

Last edited:
L

LaVieEnRose

Jul 23, 2022
Number one is actually being unable to complete and being stuck here for decades more.

Then there is failing an attempt and all the consequences thereof, such as ending up back in the psych ward.

Possible physical pain and the presumed unpleasantness of waiting to die and summoning EMS to be rescued.

I suppose I have to mention nothingness after death. It's hard not to bristle at that, even if there's just no experience anyways.

Last edited:
B

betternever2havbeen

Experienced
Jun 19, 2022
Pretty much just surviving it and all that entails-I've never been in hospital and I couldn't cope with it, so even just recovering for a few days and then turning out absolutely fine would be hell (although obviously nothing compared to permanent damage). Then it's like you've faced all the hard bits of suicide but still survived, sucks.

LifeHasNoOptIn

LifeHasNoOptIn

Worst Life Ever
Mar 31, 2022
1. Surviving with longterm damage.
2. The police is coming to me, maybe I had to do something illegal in order to die peacefully. And this stresses me a lot.
3. Possible pain (Not that bad for me. At least when it does not last for a long time)
4. Possible costs ( another reason why I won't buy N - additionally for the possible legal punishments)
5. Scared about a possible afterlife - punishment for committing suicide (not really that bad for me. Personally I believe I will return to the same metaphical condition as before I have been born)
1. Pretty much same for me and also at the top of the list.
2. Not something I would want, but not so much a concern as I wouldn't likely be doing anything seriously illegal.
3. Definitely a high one on the list right behind failing as I am a wuss when it comes to pain.
4. I have accepted that N isn't in my future, so Inert gas would be the most costly option otherwise. Have already purchased SN if a more peaceful option can't be secured.
5. I am pretty much atheist and all signs point to our afterlife consequences being made up stuff just like the many magical deities over the centuries. That being said, I was raised on the Christian faith, so there is still that shred of doubt in the back of my mind, but not enough to engage in Pascal's wager.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Wish that I was gone.
Sep 24, 2020
I just fear failing ctb and ending up with damage. That is what holds me back from ctb as well as having limited access to methods in general. Suicide really shouldn’t be so difficult and a peaceful exit should be a human right. I don’t fear death itself, ceasing to exist is all that I want and I see it as the best thing to possibly happen. It’s just so unfair how we live in a world that makes suicide as difficult for us as possible and expects us to suffer until old age.

M

Mia Wallace

Jun 14, 2020
You pretty much were spot on with your list.
Failed attempt leaving me still here but damaged to the point I have to be a burden on a family member (which after my mom had passed, all I’m left with is absolute shit family so idk how that would even go. Pretty sure if pull the plug option is available they would do it so at least there is that and I will also leave a note to wish for that before I attempt to go)
I just hope there is nothing beyond this and there isn’t anything of real validity to prove that to be otherwise so I’m not too fearful in that regard.
I do have fears of the pain involved but I think if I stick to a method of gun to the head or jumping from a high canyon it’s all over fairly quickly.