N

noname223

Visionary
Aug 18, 2020
Some people in this forum said there is already world war 3 happening in Ukraine. Personally I doubt that. It is a proxy war, no world war. Otherwise Vietnam or Korea war would have also been a world war.

Probably noone would win. Due to the fact the superpowers have nukes. When one superpower is about to lose they will use nukes. There are some scenarios I have read: there are some strategies to nuke first and to destroy the enemies opportunity to retaliate. It would be a huge gamble.

I rather think world war 3 will likely happen unintentionally. I doubt one superpower will say: okay lets start WW3.
The leaders also will know yeah we will probably die because of it.
The time when we were closest was during the Cuba missle crisis. Like a technological error almost led to starting the nukes. The more nukes there are the more likely it is that such an accident will happen. And in the future more and more weapons will be used by AI.

Maybe maggots will be the winner and other vermits which can survive under the worst circumstances. There will probably be no human that could be called winner.

Sans

Sans

I'm going to burn myself alive in public!
Oct 2, 2019
If it goes nuclear, everyone loses. That may not be a bad thing though, a nuclear war may be the reset button this planet needs.

If it doesn’t go nuclear, I hope America loses. This “country” has fucked my life for two decades, I could stand to benefit from living under a less oppressive government.

Reactions: Julgran
veryhappyhuman

veryhappyhuman

Experienced
Aug 25, 2021
If it goes nuclear, everyone loses. That may not be a bad thing though, a nuclear war may be the reset button this planet needs.

If it doesn’t go nuclear, I hope America loses. This “country” has fucked my life for two decades, I could stand to benefit from living under a less oppressive government.
I don't think there is a good track record for leaders who gain power after a country gets defeated in war. The guy who's able to ascend to power in that situation would typically be a strongman type, and democratic principles would become an afterthought compared to restoring order in a ravaged country full of angry people. Imagine that happening to a great world power like US. I think the world would be done for at that point.

Reactions: Julgran
T

TLEEA

dismas
Aug 7, 2022
Probably the northern parts of the EU and some southern developing countries? I'm gauging this on the fact that nuclear escalation is very likely between Russia and the EU, China and the US over some parts near Taiwan, and India and Pakistan. Small-scale nuclear conflicts will cripple these countries, breaking apart the international order. Those countries I mentioned might be self-sufficient without industrial giants, so they'd probably win in the long-term, I guess.

L

lionetta12

Aug 5, 2022
Some people in this forum said there is already world war 3 happening in Ukraine. Personally I doubt that. It is a proxy war, no world war. Otherwise Vietnam or Korea war would have also been a world war.

Probably noone would win. Due to the fact the superpowers have nukes. When one superpower is about to lose they will use nukes. There are some scenarios I have read: there are some strategies to nuke first and to destroy the enemies opportunity to retaliate. It would be a huge gamble.

I rather think world war 3 will likely happen unintentionally. I doubt one superpower will say: okay lets start WW3.
The leaders also will know yeah we will probably die because of it.
The time when we were closest was during the Cuba missle crisis. Like a technological error almost led to starting the nukes. The more nukes there are the more likely it is that such an accident will happen. And in the future more and more weapons will be used by AI.

Maybe maggots will be the winner and other vermits which can survive under the worst circumstances. There will probably be no human that could be called winner.
Considering how things are right now, China would probably win.

A

Angi

Experienced
Jan 4, 2022
Probably noone would win.
[...]
This. Nobody ever wins a war, there is just someone who lost less, usually.

If the war is big enough and wipes out humanity, though, some other species might win, because we are no longer around to fuck with its ecological niche.