• Welcome to SanctionedSuicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

Thisgirlwantstosleep

Thisgirlwantstosleep

Don't say sh*t unless you mean it
Screenshot_20210611_005608.jpgScreenshot_20210611_005622.jpg

These pills that supposedly make everything taste like berries

Rayzieka

Rayzieka

Not Really Here
Really curious. I guess one of us could try it and put some table salt on the tongue and report back if it worked.

A

Anonymous_A

Student
Try it with normal salt. Not completely the same but I suppose you can’t really get any idea unless you try it with sn.

Tbf tho, it’s just over complicating it. Just do what everyone else seems to do….
Hype yourself up, chug back 1/2 gulps and be done with it…if your legit serious

Reactions: xBrialesana
Rayzieka

Rayzieka

Not Really Here
Anonymous_A said:
Try it with normal salt. Not completely the same but I suppose you can’t really get any idea unless you try it with sn.

Tbf tho, it’s just over complicating it. Just do what everyone else seems to do….
Hype yourself up, chug back 1/2 gulps and be done with it…if your legit serious
unfortunately, that's what most of us have to do but some of us like myself vomit as soon as there's a bad flavour in our mouth.
But I suppose having 2 or 3 cups nearby to keep trying to get enough down would work.

Reactions: Meditation guide
Ame

Ame

あめ
From the name of the product, I am going to guess that the active ingredient of these tablets is the glycoprotein, miraculin. Miraculin is a taste modifier that is derived from the "miracle fruit" and when this glycoprotein binds to the receptors on the tongue that allow us to perceive sweetness, normally sour tasting substances are perceived as being sweet. I'm not sure if this would serve to mask or modify the salinity of SN because it seems that the mechanism by which we perceive saltiness is a bit different.

I managed to find an old paper in which it was found that the diuretic, Amiloride, blocks the epithelial sodium ion channels and when applied to the tongue, reduced the saltiness of sodium (of which SN is one) and lithium based salts and sweeteners.

Reactions: LifeQuitter2018