• Welcome to SanctionedSuicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
pinkcanvasshoes

pinkcanvasshoes

Yes I would feel less suicidal. Right now I feel I don’t belong anywhere

• Hugs
Reactions: TriggerHappy
OrcWitch

OrcWitch

I think so. I have some internet friends but I struggle with communities and that sort of thing. I have joined discord communities but I can't seem to find belonging in them. I try to do the right social techniques, such as reducing "I" statements, talking about ideas instead of myself, doing reflective listening and paying attention to people, asking questions, being authentic. But there is this quality of "it" that some people posses that makes them likeable and the center of attention and fit into communities, and I do not seem to have "it". It has always been something I wanted.

On the other hand, I am glad I choose to be myself instead of pretending to be someone else so that I have community. And I am fine with 1 on 1 friendships.

D

Debbie Northampton U

Student
Having a community around me would be the answer to my dreams, but for some reason, I don't get anything out of conversation. I find it boring and draining and so I spend my time alone and that's also boring and draining, so I can't win. I've never met anyone who hates talking and finds it all so zzzzz.