• Welcome to SanctionedSuicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness and suicide. Please read our rules and our Principles.
    If you are in need of immediate support, please call the Samaritans hotline at (877) 870-4673, or check our recovery resources.

N

noname223

Enlightened
The pain from the accident would be strong but short.
I would go for the accident tbh. Maybe a strange decision. I just hate the responsibility and endless thoughts when it comes to suicide.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Living dead girl
If it was a peaceful suicide (such as N) I would go for that, as I want to end my life on my own terms rather than it being taken away randomly. However I would choose an accident over non peaceful suicides such as hanging or jumping as hanging can go wrong and there is the survival instinct.

Ame

Ame

あめ
>Would you rather die a peaceful suicide or a painful accident?
Yes.
(◍•ᴗ•◍)♡ ✧*。

Morbid joke aside, while I much prefer dying in a controlled manner (peacefulness has become less and less of a priority as the pain drags on), I can definitely see the allure of being killed in an accident if only because those left behind needn't grapple with fact that I chose to die. As tragic as accidents are, there is nothing quite like the pain of knowing that the person you lost believed death to be preferable to living among loved ones. Even more harrowing, is the realisation that the person who killed themselves was in so much pain that this belief was able to set its roots in their mind.

But yes, I would rather die. Please and thank you.

Last edited:
Jblack

Jblack

Experienced
I agree with dipski, why does it matter. In either case you are dead, just that with an accident it is not planned so you don't know its coming.

dipski

dipski

Jblack said:
I agree with dipski, why does it matter. In either case you are dead, just that with an accident it is not planned so you don't know its coming.
An accident would be easier for family and friends to cope with too.

hotelbeneathground

hotelbeneathground

zzz
noname223 said:
I would go for the accident tbh. Maybe a strange decision. I just hate the responsibility and endless thoughts when it comes to suicide.
Fatal accidents can be painless. Even if death isn't instant, the shock can cancel out the pain until you die. Many soldiers who step on a landmine & lose their legs remain conscious, but feel no pain for quite a while

NormaJeane

NormaJeane

It is not always possible to use a peaceful suicide method. A reliable method is the best because what we want is death.

B

Bitterman1996

noname223 said:
Accident seems good though as when you're not aware of it coming and died on impact, I feel it's practically "painless". I had a vehicular accident one as a kid (minor one, just fall from motorcycle) and just blackout immediately.

But it's just a big gamble for me personally, and I would hate it if it's one of those accident when you're literally still concious while being crushed by something. On that note, I would rather to end it myself.

Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
Definitely a peaceful suicide. I wish to end my life on my own terms, because that means I can decide where and when I die. It is better than meeting death unexpectedly, and then having your corpse paraded around by those who will feign sadness. At least when I (hopefully) commit suicide I can try to limit the amount of people who will notice, and vanish as intended.

S

suisuiforum

Any peaceful method is fine with me. The only reason I haven't committed yet isn't the fear of death, but the actual process of dying and the accompanying pain depending on what happens.

Reactions: Promortalist_
Huntfish34

Huntfish34

Arcanist
Im at a 50 / 50 with this. Id really like to limit the pain and sadness from family and friends, and just die in an accident. Maybe some pain, or none ? So what, fck it.... Oh well. -

Yet..... I'd still like to Die on My terms and just blow my brains out . Whichever happens 1st I guess..... idk

R

RedundantRecord

I’d prefer a peaceful suicide, to die by my choice and on my own terms, as well as to not pass up representing my resentment for life which suffers to be continuously amused without purpose. Appealing to anyone whose views oppose suicide and promote manipulative beliefs that perpetuate pointless life in prestige is nothing I wish to do. I think dignity and freedom is found in transcending conventional ego and not in trying to ease its sense of powerlessness.

Reactions: Promortalist_
Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Experienced
ryaan said:
i got hit by a car and my spine broke - didn’t hurt at all. it would have been a good way to die i think.
How could that not hurt?